MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Im just wondering if there is a specific spark plug for MV bikes or majority just use any spark plug that works fine with the bike.

If there is a specific one, which is the best ?

Common in the market are the Iradium series from Ngk or Denso.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
antonioshabirto said:
Hi guys,

Im just wondering if there is a specific spark plug for MV bikes or majority just use any spark plug that works fine with the bike.

If there is a specific one, which is the best ?

Common in the market are the Iradium series from Ngk or Denso.
NGK CR9eix Iridium, Iridiums give higher performance bit do have a shorter life when compared to a double platium plug. Andrea Goggi said not to use the Denso, the combustion chamber does not suit them apparantly

·
Registered
151 Posts
mikef4uk said:
Andrea Goggi said not to use the Denso, the combustion chamber does not suit them apparantly
Interesting. I've been using Denso U24ETR for about 10,000km.
Dyno says 120 odd Hp.
Brain says 4 gear wheelstands. :naughty:

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Red Enough said:

Dyno says 120 odd Hp.
maybe you would want to change to NGK and let us know the result ??

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Red Enough said:

Dyno says 120 odd Hp.
A lot of the Italian lads are also using Denso with good results, I'm only repeating what Andrea Goggi said here :)

·
Registered
571 Posts
Red Enough said:

Dyno says 120 odd Hp.
120HP on the Brutale 750?

4th gear wheelies too?

Wow!!!!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Just as an aside too chaps, and not trying to go too far off the track here, but Iridium plugs weren't originally designed to produce "bulk easy horsepower" they were developed to last 100,000+ miles for U.S. E.P.A. requirements.

Usually the E.P.A. and the tuner are somewhat at a difference of opinion.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Red Enough said:
Just as an aside too chaps, and not trying to go too far off the track here, but Iridium plugs weren't originally designed to produce "bulk easy horsepower" they were developed to last 100,000+ miles for U.S. E.P.A. requirements.

Usually the E.P.A. and the tuner are somewhat at a difference of opinion.
It's strange that you say that, I went to the NEC and spoke to the NGK expert on.......the NGK stand, not about MV's but about my sons TT engined Golf mk2 which is running about as much hp as a std TT will give and 'eats' plugs about every 4000miles, he told me the Iridiums will give the best performance but the double platimums will last longer :)

·
Registered
5,076 Posts
I would just use the stock plugs set at the correct gap. The amount of power increase, if any, would be quite small in comparison to what the engine puts out now. You'd never notice it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts