MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wondered if anyone new where I could get the top and bottom bushes for my front forks from in the UK? Its a 2007 F4 312 and apparently there arn't any in the country and there is an 8 week wait to have them from Italy!!!

Any help gratefully received as the bike won't MOt without the bushes and British summertime has almost gone....

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
I wondered if anyone new where I could get the top and bottom bushes for my front forks from in the UK? Its a 2007 F4 312 and apparently there arn't any in the country and there is an 8 week wait to have them from Italy!!!

Any help gratefully received as the bike won't MOt without the bushes and British summertime has almost gone....

Hi, are u referring to the steering head bearings ?

joe

·
Registered
5,924 Posts

MV in Italy is having some problems. My local dealer said they are required to have at least $200 in parts before they place an order.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all your replies.

The bike has done 6,500 miles. I am told by the dealer that its the fork bushes, top and bottom and they are leaking, hence MOT failure. Let me know if I need to be more specific on this and I'll ask the dealer.

Apparently there are none in the country, hence the delay.

Thanks again for the help

·
King of Bling
9,818 Posts

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Thanks for all your replies.

The bike has done 6,500 miles. I am told by the dealer that its the fork bushes, top and bottom and they are leaking, hence MOT failure. Let me know if I need to be more specific on this and I'll ask the dealer.

Apparently there are none in the country, hence the delay.

Thanks again for the help
They don't have to come from MV, do a search for the Marzochi importer, thats what Maxton did when they revalved my forks, they're also about 50% of the cost v MV prices

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The part number for the bush required is 800086503.

Typically they have 3 bushes (both top and one bottom) and are waiting for the fourth (3 weeks lead in).

Apparently there arnt any in the country or MV Uk would know as they would have imported them and could therefore source for me...

·
Super Moderator
22,071 Posts
Huh

The part number for the bush required is 800086503.

Typically they have 3 bushes (both top and one bottom) and are waiting for the fourth (3 weeks lead in).

Apparently there arnt any in the country or MV Uk would know as they would have imported them and could therefore source for me...
Mate, honestly, whoever is feeding this shit is not calling it by the right name. Typically three bushes my arse, if he is telling you this tell him he is a liar, they are called seals, not bushes.
The part number he gave you, or that you are giving us is not a seal but indeed a metal bush (no 13), which can't leak ? How is that damaged ? Something funny going on here.

The only thing that can leak on your forks are the seals, you have 1 at the bottom of each fork. There is also a scraper seal but highly unlikely that you would need to replace that. At the top of the forks is a normal o-ring, replace-able from any o-ring kit.
As far as the seal goes, JDS is spot-on with those, I have a set spare at home too.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Donsy, JDS and all who have replied with help.

Shame the dealer doesnt seem to have the knowledge you guys do!

I'll be emailing them this info Monday to sort out.

Cheers

1 - 13 of 13 Posts