MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you may have seen that I picked up a F3 800 and somehow either the dealer or previous owner lost a key. So, I'm getting a second key cut. I see the Brutale blank when I do a search for F3. It looks the same in pictures but can anyone confirm that the Brutale and F3 use the same key type?

·
Registered
14,500 Posts
?

Some of you may have seen that I picked up a F3 800 and somehow either the dealer or previous owner lost a key. So, I'm getting a second key cut. I see the Brutale blank when I do a search for F3. It looks the same in pictures but can anyone confirm that the Brutale and F3 use the same key type?
Does the F3 have an immobilizer? if so the key will have a chip, this guy can cut the key and clone the chip one day turnaround

Jim Hamilton
allmotorcyclekeys.com
207-230-4667

tell him the knurl from the Aprilia Forum sent you

:wink2:

·
Registered
91 Posts
It's the same key blank for the F3 675/800, Brutale 675/800, Rivale and Stradale. No transponder in key as no immobilize fitted to these models.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's the same key blank for the F3 675/800, Brutale 675/800, Rivale and Stradale. No transponder in key as no immobilize fitted to these models.
Thanks.... I've got the blank coming my way. I'll feel so much better knowing I've got a spare!

I knew it didn't have a transponder. Didn't know about the grooves being the same. Good to know!

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does the F3 have an immobilizer? if so the key will have a chip, this guy can cut the key and clone the chip one day turnaround

Jim Hamilton
allmotorcyclekeys.com
207-230-4667

tell him the knurl from the Aprilia Forum sent you

Thanks for the contact. I'm not in socal so I opted a blank being mailed to me from ebay and since it doesn't need a transponder I'll have it cut locally.

·
Registered
14,500 Posts
?

Thanks for the contact. I'm not in socal so I opted a blank being mailed to me from ebay and since it doesn't need a transponder I'll have it cut locally.
Jim Hamilton is in Maine not SoCal........he is the hero of the RSVR-Factory '04-'09 Forum.......
most locksmiths can't even cut an Aprilia inner slot key without ffing it up.....
Jim xoes flawless work and can clone chipped keys.......
Saving me from having to send my Blue Master Key around the World as I have for 9 years.....

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bought the blank on ebay which listed it as a brutale b3 f3 key. Tried all the major key places in the US like home depot and lowes but they only have the electronic smart systems that don't have the f3 key in its memory. So went to a hardware place and that guy kept fiddling with no success. Finally took it to a safe/locksmith shop. Only does this type of thing and in less than a minute a perfect key!

I knew that a simple manual type of grinder wheel machine would work. Problem is finding one these days!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts