MV Agusta Forum banner

SPA Francorchamps goes Anti Clockwise .. Noooooooo !

2K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  hb88xx 
#1 ·

Got an email from Bikers Classic and it reads..

Bikers' Days
Spa-Francorchamps in the opposite sense !

As from now, motorcycles will ride counter-clockwise on the track of Spa.

Motorcycles coming down from the Raidillon and working their way up to the Source, diving into the Stavelot instead of climbing the Combes… For several years, DG Sport, organiser of the Bikers’ Days and the Bikers’ School as well as all motorcycle competition on the track of Spa-Francorchamps, has been studying this possibility.

This change of direction would improve the safety of the riders but it would also allow obtaining the homologation of the track for the organisation of a MOTO GP.

It’s not the first time that an initiative like this takes place, it has already been applied successfully a few years ago by the persons in charge of the track of Misano.

After several meetings with politicians, engineers and safety commissioners, it has been decided to apply this formula at Spa-Francorchamps as from the 2012 season.

This is Blasphemy and ex racers will be turning in their graves.. :bawling:

See less See more
#3 ·
Hard to believe and imagine. Jesus Christ has everything to be altered what was great for decades. Alone the chicane after the down hill start / finish straight will be eye popping now. Oh well I enjoyed the times I rode it like all the famous did. Another big downer is that I have no chance of being there this Year.

#7 ·
I think coming down to Eau Rouge from Kermel is less steep than if You approach Radillon from la Source. My concern is that You have not much run off at the left because of the pit wall. Yeah and than most of the old bikes will loose a lot of momentum climbing up to la Source. The idea is crazy for sure. Interesting to see and hear how it turns out.
Where did You read it ? I can't find anything on the Bikers Classics home page.

#10 ·
Hans, have You ever ridden Spa. I guess You have.
But sure You drop off of La Source 33 meters to Raidillon on a stretch of 670 meters. And it seams really steep once You are heading down there.
On the other hand the 25m climb to Kermel is on a stretch of only 240meters, like a wall. In addition You forget that coming from Les Combes You are falling 47 meters on a 1070 meters straight.
Did I got that right ?

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.