MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That looks conspicuously like the front of Austinmer beach - nice day too - I am into weather these days :laughing:
It certainly was a great day. Sydney - national Park and then Maquarie Pass up to the Pie shop. Awesome for a Tuesday.

How have you been?

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
It certainly was a great day. Sydney - national Park and then Maquarie Pass up to the Pie shop. Awesome for a Tuesday.

How have you been?
Hey Spiro,

Been AWOL in Thailand since January 5 - just back. But crashed Lou's Guzzi (again) December 29 - written off (again) - not touching the third one when she gets it -lol

Lacerated my left kidney - broke right hand - spent a few days in hospital, fought with them checked myself out & then headed to Thailand - without health insurance as they wouldn't cover me without a medical clearance which I didn't have. Hand is still broken, plaster for another 4 weeks.

Glad you asked! :laughing:

How have you been? :)

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
eeeeeeeekkkkk wtf robbie
just left u voice message on phone
mate hope ur alright

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Spiro,

Been AWOL in Thailand since January 5 - just back. But crashed Lou's Guzzi (again) December 29 - written off (again) - not touching the third one when she gets it -lol

Lacerated my left kidney - broke right hand - spent a few days in hospital, fought with them checked myself out & then headed to Thailand - without health insurance as they wouldn't cover me without a medical clearance which I didn't have. Hand is still broken, plaster for another 4 weeks.

Glad you asked! :laughing:

How have you been? :)
I have been well! Nothing broken anyway.
You certainly don't want any other bikes in that garage of yours that's for sure. I think Lou will get the hint now and no more other branded bikes. lol.. Do say hello to her.

Glad to hear your on the mend.
We will catch up with you next time we are down your way if you are up to it.
Spiro.

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
eeeeeeeekkkkk wtf robbie
just left u voice message on phone
mate hope ur alright
Thanks Robbie - we've caught now, thanks for your call, great chatting as always. :) :) :) :)

I have been well! Nothing broken anyway.
You certainly don't want any other bikes in that garage of yours that's for sure. I think Lou will get the hint now and no more other branded bikes. lol.. Do say hello to her.

Glad to hear your on the mend.
We will catch up with you next time we are down your way if you are up to it.
Spiro.
LOL - yeah Spiro but she DOESN'T get the hint - wants the exact same bike again, this is becoming a battle of wills :laughing:

Glad to hear you don't have have any broken bits, that's always good news- when you are next down this way just holler - ALWAYS happy & up for a catch up :yo:

Cheers
Ron

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Hey rob
Glad too see your back on the forum was wondering where you disappeared too. Not soo good about the bike although your on the mend my friend thats all that matters. Hopefully nothing too serious?

Always buy another bike bud.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Rob, stay away from twins. Stick to four and three in line…
Jokes aside, sorry to hear of your latest crash and best wishes for a prompt recovery.
Good, hot Thai tucker would have helped?

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
Hey rob
Glad too see your back on the forum was wondering where you disappeared too. Not soo good about the bike although your on the mend my friend thats all that matters. Hopefully nothing too serious?

Always buy another bike bud.

Thanks Sam,

Have to buy another bike, you can't write your wife's bike off & NOT replace it :laughing:

Kidney is coming along great - hopefully hand will heal without surgery which will see back on my beloved MVs in about 6 weeks. :0

Rob, stay away from twins. Stick to four and three in line…
Jokes aside, sorry to hear of your latest crash and best wishes for a prompt recovery.
Good, hot Thai tucker would have helped?
Mate thanks & definitely staying away from those bloody twins unless they are parallel and 350s ;)

3 crashes in 30 years - 2 in 24 months almost to the day (04/01/12 & 29/12/13) both on a Guzzi and both write offs definitely a message there!

Love the hot Thai food, I asked them to crank the heat local style - definitely helped :laughing: Between that the Singah beer & local whiskeys I was always going to return a new hardened & better version :laughing:

·
Registered
270 Posts
Wow rob I would never have thought of a trip to Thailand as an alternative to staying in hospital, that's how to recover in style
Hope you riding again soon and manage to talk your wife into a different bike

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
Wow rob I would never have thought of a trip to Thailand as an alternative to staying in hospital, that's how to recover in style
Hope you riding again soon and manage to talk your wife into a different bike

Thanks Cameron,

The last 4 weeks went really quick, I can recommend "Thailand Therapy" as opposed to laying in a hospital - lol.

No chance of another bike - she's already working out a deal with John & Nicole at Motociclo over a new Guzzi V7 Racer - at least I know now to avoid it like the plague, I don't think I'll even move it in the garage :eek:

Cheers
Rob

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Thanks Cameron,

No chance of another bike - she's already working out a deal with John & Nicole at Motociclo over a new Guzzi V7 Racer - at least I know now to avoid it like the plague, I don't think I'll even move it in the garage :eek:

Cheers
Rob
Shame about this Guzzi love affair. I know a beautiful 910R with all the important trimmings which would have been perfect for her :)
I'm seriously considering going back to one bike now that I'm happily retired. And I need to keep the bike my wife will ride as pillion.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts