MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello motorcycle aficionados!

I've been a 'silent' member on this forum since 20/01/2017 and I'm amazed at the love, hate relationship we have with these MV's. I assume I can speak for all; when they run smooth without problems we don't want to own any other motorcycle. When broken, I am somewhat convinced to purchase a jap. But I am keen to keep the brand alive and hope we can iron out all the problems.

I have a 2014 F3 800 in pearl white and have had the following problems:
1. Infamous sprag-starter clutch problem (replaced 3x)
2. Broken mirrors (due to flimsy aluminium inserts)
3. Weak BS battery (replaced by a Yuasa)

Other than the starting issues, when she goes, she really does go! I hope to keep in touch with more members from South Africa.

Ride safe guys & girls

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Welcome to the family

·
Administrator
19,807 Posts
Welcome to the family!!

·
Registered
392 Posts
Welcome to the forum mate.

I'm an Ex Saffa now living in Sydney. Spent the first half of my life in Cape Town / Stellenbosch University before a stint in Gauteng / Durban. I'm pretty sure i have a very similar pic of me on Table Mountain!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hello and welcome.

I know where you live! (Me in 1956 on stopover from UK to Australia.)
Good point. I wonder if @taahir.lewis can advise if the mountain is now roped off and barricaded across certain areas?
Table Mountain is indeed barricaded for safety reasons. Many tourists and locals use the cable-way as a modern means to get to the to the top of mountain. The hiking trails are still available which takes approximately 2 hours (if hiked) depending on fitness level. Although the route is slightly longer via the back of the mountain!

Some of our popular riding passes are Chapman's Peak, Clarence Drive (to Rooiels), Du Toits Kloof, Franschoek Pass. Franschoek Pass is closed now due to heavy storms which broke some mountain rock loose.
@GeorgeO would be nice if you could find that pic and share

Attachments

·
Registered
926 Posts
Hello and welcome.

I know where you live! (Me in 1956 on stopover from UK to Australia.)
Have not changed a bit Nigel.

And welcome to the site Lewis.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Yay...another person from ZA. Welcome.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I'm in JHB North. Only Issues I've had that I can complain about is the getting to the #$*&!*&@ battery on the F3 when you need to replace it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts