MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed a sign on the gate at my loca track the other day. No machines permitted with a noise reading over 95 Decibels....at 30m.

That's a long way. It would have to be freaking loud to be over that. What distance is the Db measurement taken at for EU tracks? Distance will have a big impact.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
I don’t know about EU tracks but here in Ontario at least one track sets it 92 db limit at 15 meters as the bike passes at full throttle.
See post #21 on the Zard F3 system thread.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Over here it depends on the track and the organizer but from experience, this is what i have seen:

1. enforcement on-track done by having mikes along the straight. this is about 10-20m from the bike and you can "cheat" by rolling off the throttle or by short shifting.
2. since there are fines and licenses that have been lost by tracks in the past, they usually require organizers to test prior to allowing the bikes on the track. this is done from about 1.5-2m from the exhaust and with 75% throttle.

I've seen these tests in this manner in France, Belgium, UK, Italy and Germany...of course, there are some tracks or "special days" where there are no limits but you limit where and when you can go to the track.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I Imagine the special days are targetted for some of the classic bikes and cars. Many of those weren't muffled at all.

What is the world coming to. Quiet inoffensive race engines yet we let politicians speak in public. I know which one I find 'noise pollution'.

·
Registered
890 Posts
in europe, it strongly depends on the track. happily the most
beautiful tracks like Barcelona, Aragon, Valencia, Mugello, Brünn
dont have any noise restriction.

other tracks like hockenheim require a measurment before you are allowed onto the track: less than 100 db measured at 6000 rpm with
1 m distance.

unfortunately, Sachsenring has a very sever noise restriction. They measure the noise along the track, and once a certain limit of db
per hour is reached, the track gets closed for the rest of the day. so
most organizers only allow stock exhausts systems. (no chance i can ever go to Sachsenring with my MV)

·
Registered
73 Posts
closest track to me is laguna seca and they have a noise restriction of 92 db. only 2 days out of the year do they lift the restrictions and thats for motogp.

doing track days there in my car, ive seen people run an exhaust tip that points away from the direction of the sound reader. if they catch you once, you are warned, catch you twice and your track day is over.

sonoma raceway (infineon/sears point whatever you want to call it) has no noise restriction. the only reason laguna seca has one is because its right near the coast very close to multi million dollar homes.

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
Bubbaland doesn't have any sound restrictions. Road Atlanta does have a 11:00 til Noon on Sunday no sound restriction due to local churches.

·
Banned
1,512 Posts
Barber Motorsports is noise restriction free as well.

It never ceases to amaze me how people will buy property near a noisy business like an airport or race track and then think they have the right to complain. It's a shame nobody ever says "sorry you should have done your homework idiot".

I used to fly out of an airport where a golf course was put in years later right at the end of the runway and they used to whine and complain about the noise from the planes. This of course was with many of the pilots being mindful of them being there and using different departure and approach procedures. Of course there were a few crashes too at the golf course too. When someone took off that was overloaded or who did not check the density altitude they ended up right on the golf course. I wonder if they are still in business. I know if I were a golfer the idea of getting crushed by a crashing plane would not really appeal to me much.

·
Registered
5,068 Posts
Done track days at six tracks in the Southeast U.S. and none had noise restrictions. :f4:

·
Banned
1,512 Posts
Sound Booth Betty. Classic. :)

Interesting is some of the comments about the people who bought AFTER the track was built. :/

1 - 13 of 13 Posts