MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My F4 is finally all back together again, now I just need to sort out some small issues. apparently they didn't seal the oil adduction tube when they put the head back on because that is now pissing oil all over the headers. That is an issue I will have to take up with gp cycles. Otherwise she runs great and sounds absolutely amazing. :yo:

I know these bikes run hot, but what temperature can the engine run safely too before it starts getting dangerous? just riding around town today she hit 225 F at a stop light. she has the muzzy fan upgrade and running engine ice coolant.

2nd gear is a major PITA constantly slipping out of gear or missing completely. Is this a common issue or something that needs to be looked at. I really have to jam the lever up to get it to go into gear.

Drive chain tension, I was told that these bikes are supposed to run a little more slack in the drive chain vs a twin swingarm bike is this correct? and if so how much slack should be in the chain? right now it feels like it is slapping around under deceleration.

·
Registered
14,420 Posts
????

My F4 is finally all back together again, now I just need to sort out some small issues. apparently they didn't seal the oil adduction tube when they put the head back on because that is now pissing oil all over the headers. That is an issue I will have to take up with gp cycles. Otherwise she runs great and sounds absolutely amazing. :yo:

bad O-ring not a big deal.....

I know these bikes run hot, but what temperature can the engine run safely too before it starts getting dangerous? just riding around town today she hit 225 F at a stop light. she has the muzzy fan upgrade and running engine ice coolant.

go to the sticky at the top of the Maintenance Section;
http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=37545&page=24

2nd gear is a major PITA constantly slipping out of gear or missing completely. Is this a common issue or something that needs to be looked at. I really have to jam the lever up to get it to go into gear.

fabulous transmission, somebody probably drag raced the bike and bent the shift fork for 2nd

Drive chain tension, I was told that these bikes are supposed to run a little more slack in the drive chain vs a twin swingarm bike is this correct? and if so how much slack should be in the chain? right now it feels like it is slapping around under deceleration.
don't listen to rumors......
correct chain tension is measured from the bottom of the lower chain guard to the center of the link pins......check your owners manual or download a service manual for free

:drummer:

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Noel, time for more tinkering. I will probably end up doing the water pump impeller upgrade as well. Its a little scary seeing the temps up that high.

·
Super Moderator
22,111 Posts
Before you go to installing the High Output pump, make sure you cooling system is very thoroughly bled of air....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts