MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm new to this forum but knew I had to hop on soon enough. I rode a 2005 MV Agusta 1000 S a little under a year ago and haven't been able to get it out of my head. After many months of dreaming I'll be checking out a bike this weekend. It's a 2010 F4 1000R that has been babied by the owner. Everything is stock (not even a tail tidy kit) and all maintenance has been done to my knowledge.
I'm 99% certain this is the bike to take home. Is there anything you'd recommend to look for that would be a red flag?

·
Old Wing Nut
25,215 Posts
Welcome to the family !!! Where are you in these United States?
The second generation F4 (2010 and later) are well sorted bikes. Not a lot to worry over other than prior owners care and maintenance. Sounds like a keeper to me. Ask for the rear stand and charger that came with the bike new.
Look at the date code on the tires. Even if they look good, if they are originals or older replacements, that may be something to plan on replacing.

• Helpful
Reactions: noah.hockey33

·
Premium Member
3,707 Posts
Welcome! Do you know if the owner is a fellow member of this forum? In general MV owners tend to be responsible riders.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to the family !!! Where are you in these United States?
The second generation F4 (2010 and later) are well sorted bikes. Not a lot to worry over other than prior owners care and maintenance. Sounds like a keeper to me. Ask for the rear stand and charger that came with the bike new.
Look at teh date code on the tires. Even if they look good, if they are originals or older replacements, that may be something to plan on replacing.
Thanks!! That's exactly what I was looking for. I'll be sure to check the tires, the brakes, and common things. Really appreciate the reply.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hi, I'm new to this forum but knew I had to hop on soon enough. I rode a 2005 MV Agusta 1000 S a little under a year ago and haven't been able to get it out of my head. After many months of dreaming I'll be checking out a bike this weekend. It's a 2010 F4 1000R that has been babied by the owner. Everything is stock (not even a tail tidy kit) and all maintenance has been done to my knowledge.
I'm 99% certain this is the bike to take home. Is there anything you'd recommend to look for that would be a red flag?
There is a huge RED FLAG with these bikes. Trust me I know, I own 2. You will NEVER like any other sportbike EVER.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts