MV Agusta Forum banner

901 - 918 of 918 Posts

·
Registered
757 Posts
The first song is bahasa punk, the second track they are singing in English. The world is an amazing place. One suspects the very religious Indonesians are not amused by these sorts of people.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Filastine & Nova - Perbatasan

If I correctly remember I posted a couple of songs by Filastine somewhere back in the thread.
Very interesting project and collaboration. Some info,

"Grey Filastine is an audio-visual artist born in Los Angeles, based in Barcelona, and often nomadic. He composes a dense transnational bass music that collides the lowest frequencies of dubstep with the highest-level beat science, acoustic strings, voices, and lofi street noises. The results are “Awesome and delicate… hybrids so fluent they defy classification.” -Pitchfork"

Nova Ruth is a Javanese (Indonesia) soul singer. She is very interesting.

Though their political activism content is a bit simplistic to me, I like what they are doing.

Indonesia is a beautiful country. Intriguing fusion of cultures. I highly recommend it to any curious minds & souls of the forum. Just remember to get out of Bali (some areas are gone - moronic tourism/various lifestyle idiocies destroying local culture).

Perbatasan in Indonesian for "Borderline".

This was the 1st song I heard from them:

·
Registered
549 Posts
Colony collapse was interesting. I liked how some parts gave off an Industrial electronica vibe. There were some parts where her voice was pretty but most of the time it just sounded kind of whiny and unintelligible.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
757 Posts
Farsi voices, Persian music, one of Iran's most popular musicians, recently deceased.

·
Registered
757 Posts
These blokes are from Columbus, Ohio so perhaps there is a sort of an explorer theme here, song called Abel Tasman, the Dutchie who named van Diemen's Land (later Tasmania) and New Zealand. I don't reckon either of those chaps would approve of this music.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Yasmin Hamdan,

From Beirut Lebanon. I saw her live and had the pleasure of meeting her in Paris(where she is based).

& Jim Jarmusch:

Acid Arab?

·
Registered
757 Posts
With very few exceptions I find choirs insufferable, but this is quite a nice story.

In the mid-late 19th century, German Lutheran missionaries went to central Australia, and unlike most Euros, and virtually all missionaries, they seem to have had a most supportive and encouraging attitude to Aboriginal people, including protecting them from marauding white settlers and government officials. The missionaries taught the locals German hymns, which were sung in their own languages, Arrante and Pitjanjarra. A few years ago the choir went to Germany, and sang the hymns, many of which had been long forgotten in Germany. The choir's last performance was in a church in Stuttgart, the grandson of one of the most loved missionaries was there, and one hymn the choir sang with the congregation, in their respective languages.

Coincidentally, the colours of the Aboriginal flag and the German flag are the same.

·
Registered
757 Posts
A slightly more contemporary and less choral approach to non-traditional music.

·
Registered
118 Posts
cool, here some stuff you may know or not ;-)

for the younger crowds, Nico is possible on of the better German singers right now:

AnnenMayKantereit another not so known band:

what I usually hear every day...

Mando Diao, Creed, Alter Bridge, Foo Fighters, Chris Cornell, Bruce Dickenson, AC/DC, Pearl Jam, Linkin Park, Stones....

cheers

mjvduc

·
Registered
757 Posts
cool, here some stuff you may know or not ;-)

what I usually hear every day...

Mando Diao, Creed, Alter Bridge, Foo Fighters, Chris Cornell, Bruce Dickenson, AC/DC, Pearl Jam, Linkin Park, Stones....

cheers

mjvduc
Good on you mjvduc, thanks. There is some older AC/DC back a few pages, and another Nina Hagen somewhere. German is an excellent language for rock n roll, in my opinion.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Good on you mjvduc, thanks. There is some older AC/DC back a few pages, and another Nina Hagen somewhere. German is an excellent language for rock n roll, in my opinion.

most of the older German Bands are performing in English, Scorpions, Doro, Rammstein, Rage, ... not really Rock but Alphaville that horrible dude from Scooter...

here are 2 of the better German bands....Toten Hosen here with an English song as he wants to take the mickey out from the English...

and Westernhagen, which is around for 3 or 4 centuries.....

enough German stuff, Eminem Venom

cheers

901 - 918 of 918 Posts