MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
King of Bling
9,818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Well I'm rarely surprised nowadays..

This is because, I'm a cynical old fart with the biggest self preservation force shield on the planet for protection against insincerity or a lack integrity . :)

Although I don't live my life by the following motto, sometimes I think it has a ring of truth.. " Don't be afraid of enemies who attack you.. Be afraid of friends who flatter you"... (from the book "How to Win Friends and Influence People" by Dale Carnegie )

Those who know me well, know I'm not anti-social... I just have an aversion to BS, drama and pretend sincerity..

Anyhow, the other month totally out of the blue, Chris got in touch, offering me some parts for my Kawasaki ELR.... and he said they were a gift...

Free, gratis, on the house, without charge, complementary.. You get the point !:stickpoke

"Hello"... I said.... Automatically I thought, he's heard of my stunning movie star body, or my 3 castles in Hertfordshire and probably wants something in return... Like a spare London pad or a few vital organs..

Well, there was no way I was going to let him have my "Beast", as I still need that in the bedroom department, but I could possibly spare one of my London pads..

I said.. " Hey Chris... That's very kind of you and thanks for thinking of me... Yeah, I will gladly take those Kawasaki bits off your hands.. Cheers".. :highclap:

A few weeks later a couple of big boxes arrived on my doorstep.. :blush:

Now, this was either my weekly supply of extra large “Ribbed for Her Pleasure" condoms or those parts Chris had sent..

Holey Moley... A load of rare 1980's Kawasaki ELR parts... Wow! :jsm:

What can I say... My faith in human nature has been restored and I'm going to start doing more voluntary work for charity.. ( the latter is not true).. ;)

I repeat.. What can I say Chris… Cheers mate and I hope to buy you a few beers either over here or in Italy one day..

Top bloke that CM and The Real Deal..

I also owe Chris's Mrs a debt of gratitude for all the leg work in shipping these 2 big consignment packages… Thanks Faye. !

John

·
Registered
5,578 Posts
Very nice Chris and John!!

And come on John!! In your own fashion you add some drama now and then :D

·
Registered
4,296 Posts

Top bloke that CM and The Real Deal..

I also owe Chris's Mrs a debt of gratitude for all the leg work in shipping these 2 big consignment packages… Thanks Faye. !

John

Pleasure to help John, and Faye says it was no problem and glad those boxes arrived ok.

However I will now have to change my name to Evander Holyfield......and buy a much larger helmet.

Looking forward to that beer :)

·
Super Moderator
22,314 Posts
THE Chris Mullen...what a guy!:smoking::yo:

·
Registered
5,578 Posts

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
I had been trying to work out how I could smuggle those vintage KHI cardboard boxes into UK for years, then I had a brainwave.....fill 'em with some old Kawa bits and send 'em to John...........worked a treat :f4:

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts