MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
some very poignant thoughts
please read this

This poem was written by a terminally ill young girl in a New York Hospital .

SLOW DANCE

Have you ever watched kids

On a merry-go-round?

Or listened to the rain

Slapping on the ground?

Ever followed a butterfly's erratic flight?

Or gazed at the sun into the fading night?

You better slow down.

Don't dance so fast.

Time is short.

The music won't last.

Do you run through each day

On the fly?

When you ask How are you?

Do you hear the reply?

When the day is done

Do you lie in your bed

With the next hundred chores

Running through your head?

You'd better slow down

Don't dance so fast.

Time is short.

The music won't last.

Ever told your child,

We'll do it tomorrow?

And in your haste,

Not see his
sorrow?

Ever lost touch,

Let a good friendship die

Cause you never had time

To call and say,"Hi"

You'd better slow down.

Don't dance so fast.

Time is short.

The music won't last.

When you run so fast to get somewhere

You miss half the fun of getting there.

When you worry and hurry through your day,

It is like an unopened gift....

Thrown away.

Life is not a race.

Do take it slower

Hear the music

Before the song is over.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
395 Posts
That is really quite beautiful, and exactly what I needed to hear this morning. Thanks Greg for posting and to the author for thinking of all of us....

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
King of the Sink
1,571 Posts
Wow. I think I'll make this into a poster for my office...

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
230 Posts
Thank you Greg for posting that wonderful poem.

It is something that should be read often, because in this world we live in we are easily distracted from what is truly important to all of us.

Now if I can only remember to keep reading it frequently..... :banghead:

·
King of the Sink
1,571 Posts
If you'd like a similarly inspirational book - which manages to capture pretty well everything a psychologist will ever share with you - read "Too Soon Old, Too Late Smart" by Gordon Livingstone. If you're ready for it, it will change your life.

·
King of the Sink
1,571 Posts
spalding12 said:
i was hoping that you'd see this
i know that it is the kind of statement on life that would mean a great deal to you
Thanks Greg - you're absolutely right...

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
That was truly fantastic...nowadays it's so difficult to live by those words. There's never enough time to pack it all in, but if we slow down, step back, close our eyes and take a deep breath, we won't regret making the right choice.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
74 Posts
You know, my sister nearly died twice, so I've always felt the need to pack in as much as possible into my life and schedule because you never know when it might end. After the accident, I've had a lot of time to think, too much probably. Most people suggest I slow down. Men suggest I slow down as I hardly even have time to date. But when I slow down, I find I live with more regret for what I miss out on than when I live life full throttle.

Do you know what I packed in last year? All five mararathons in the Rock-n-Roll series. 24,000 miles on my BMW. Rides in Italy and Mexico. I've alpine skied like a mad woman. I did an ERC class and started RiderCoach school. And in doing all that I made some of the best friends you could ever want.

I don't know when I'll be riding again or if my leg will ever be good enough to train as hard as I did this year and run more marathons and ski hard, but rather than regret what I might not be able to do, I sure am thankful I packed it all in and didn't slow down. I still can't even walk. You never know when life will force you to slow down so run like mad while you can!

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
mloyllo said:
You know, my sister nearly died twice, so I've always felt the need to pack in as much as possible into my life and schedule because you never know when it might end. After the accident, I've had a lot of time to think, too much probably. Most people suggest I slow down. Men suggest I slow down as I hardly even have time to date. But when I slow down, I find I live with more regret for what I miss out on than when I live life full throttle.

Do you know what I packed in last year? All five mararathons in the Rock-n-Roll series. 24,000 miles on my BMW. Rides in Italy and Mexico. I've alpine skied like a mad woman. I did an ERC class and started RiderCoach school. And in doing all that I made some of the best friends you could ever want.

I don't know when I'll be riding again or if my leg will ever be good enough to train as hard as I did this year and run more marathons and ski hard, but rather than regret what I might not be able to do, I sure am thankful I packed it all in and didn't slow down. I still can't even walk. You never know when life will force you to slow down so run like mad while you can!
what a beautiful post
i'm so glad that you found this thread

we are so happy that you are still here contributing as often as you can
i really hope that we meet one day

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
mloyllo said:

Exactly the reason I posted like I did...life is too short, and you never know when somebody close to you will be gone.

There's a fine line between carelessness and doing as much as you possibly can. ANd like you, when I stop to take a look, I regret stopping to look, because I missed out on that much more from stopping. Roll with what you're given, make the most of it, and just keep on truckin.

Besides, it makes for good stories to the kids and grandkids :p

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
We humans are rather strange creatures. We know it is our fate to die from probably the age of 5 or certainly 10 years old, but like insects (who presumably aren't self aware) we scurry around for the majority of our lives accumulating wealth and rarely stepping back to look at the world we live upon and enjoying the ephemeral existance that we know will end all too soon.

In my experience, it takes the death of someone close or serious illness for one to stop and take stock and then it's all to easy to get locked into the cycle of work, rest, eat etc. again. I'm sorry to get all philosophical about it, but Juan's signature on this site, 'we are not here for a long time, we are here for a good time'. is one of the most appropriate quotations I have ever read . :)

·
Registered
96 Posts
I think you folks are not reading between the lines.

This magnificent young woman is not telling you to take less risks,
she is not telling you directly or indirectly to 'slow down' when your on your bikes.
{if anything she is telling you to speed up}
She isnt saying anything about having less materialistic desires
or doing more charity work.

She is imploring the reader to life life to its fullest..
She is telling you to stop putting off that track day that you keep procrastinating to reserve.
She is telling you to get a big group together for that next ride, instead of going by yourself.
She wants your face to hurt from smileing so much inside your helmet.
She is telling you to buy your wife or husband their own bike so you can go places together instead of riding two up.
She is telling you to max out your credit cards on the person who you are in love with.
She wants you to give your mother a call,
she want you to take your pops out for a cold one,
she wants you to give your children a squeeze.
She wants us all to see, really see- the people in our lives that mean so much to us, instead of just looking at them.
And likewise she wants us all to start listening to to them more, instead of just routinely 'hearing' them.

Try not to take the word 'slow' so literaly.
When you take your bike out for a couple hours, and then you stop for a cheeseburger-thats when she wants you to slow down.
She wants you to savour every bite..
Maybe she wants you to pay the entire bill instead of splitting it six ways.
Because she is well aware that the rider sitting across the table from you may not make it back home in one piece.

She wants you to LIVE...... And live well because she cant.

Please forgive the authoritative tone in my words. Me and that kid speak the same language, and I think she wants me to paraphrase for her.

FBD

1 - 17 of 17 Posts