MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've spent a lot of time riding my bike over the last few days. While not riding I have been over ever inch of it with my eyes. 1st off some of the hardware has signs of rust or corosion forming. Ill replace them as I can and as I service the bike. The funniest thing I've noticed is there is an arrow on the rear wheel that was formed in the casting. It is pointing in the opposite direction that the wheel spins. If you change your own tires as I do just make sure when you do change the tire that you don't match the arrow on the wheel with the arrow on the tire as you will be putting the tire on backwards. Just a lil "for your info". Please add any "something I have noticed" if it is helpful info. Thanks JET

·
Registered
947 Posts
I noticed some corrosion as well but it seems to only be on the bolts that are torx type. All the rest seem fine.

·
Registered
352 Posts
The funniest thing I've noticed is there is an arrow on the rear wheel that was formed in the casting. It is pointing in the opposite direction that the wheel spins.
Wow :jsm: How could MV think of something out of the box?
I change my tires too and I would surely have ignored this, thanks for educating us man!

·
Registered
181 Posts
The arrow shows the rotation direction of tightening the rear wheel nut (left handed thread, the torque is named just behind: 200-240 Nm)
Rusty fasteners? Nope, although she´s parked outside in the garden - with a rain cover...

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Please forgive my lack of knowledge as I'm new to the italian world. That's what you guys are for right? Lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts