MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

does anybody already have the new mapping on its bike ?

Tell us about how it changed...

Thanks

·
Registered
153 Posts
Only those that have picked up a bike from the second batch .. ie the white ones. Moto GB have a remap available and mine will be done in next couple of weeks.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Stece is also waiting for 'the computer' to land, he says they now have 'the computer' but are waiting for the connection lead, apparantly the end of the second week of May............don't know whether it's the same lead for F3/F4

·
Registered
153 Posts
Stece is also waiting for 'the computer' to land, he says they now have 'the computer' but are waiting for the connection lead, apparantly the end of the second week of May............don't know whether it's the same lead for F3/F4

New lead and it costs £1000 which they are expecting the dealers to pay for ... hence the delay in getting my remap sorted !!

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
New lead and it costs £1000 which they are expecting the dealers to pay for ... hence the delay in getting my remap sorted !!
Steve has actually been dealing directly with Moto GB, they're not sure what they are going to do with his but are confident they can sort it, he has a large hole at 9000-10000rpm's.

I put a post on for Jonny, Steve Wood has a way of getting the cat out without any cutting/welding etc, didn't Jonnyconcrete want that doing?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Same here in Germany. My dealer told me that he has to spend 1000€ for that device!

What does mean MotoGB has a mapping ? Something developed by them self ? Sorry, I am not really aware of MotoGB...

I asked my dealer if he is able to do that on the weekend....waiting for the reply...

What is it about the 9000-10000 hole ? What are you talking about :) haha

·
Registered
561 Posts
HighRisk

MotoGb are the UK importers, I guess they would recieve any updated mapping before anyone else, i'm not sure but the I think the 9000-10000 hole is regarding the stunning F4RR

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
HighRisk

MotoGb are the UK importers, I guess they would recieve any updated mapping before anyone else, i'm not sure but the I think the 9000-10000 hole is regarding the stunning F4RR
Yes, theres an awful lot of RR owners complaining about the hole, some have even said it's more like turning the ignition off then back on, to me it doesn't sound like purely fuelling, I suspect something else is happening

·
Registered
561 Posts
I'm looking forward to hearing owners who will receive the new maps opinions once it's done. You would think and hope MV all be I know they are a small company can impress with these eagerly awaited updates.

It must be difficult and indeed frustrating for manufactures when they have spent so much time developing their engines and perfecting them only to have them restricted by emissions regulations.

·
Registered
153 Posts
HighRisk

I actually think they have paid someone to design a map for the current ECU, otherwise the bikes need a different ECU as there may be a rewriting problem.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
I actually think they have paid someone to design a map for the current ECU, otherwise the bikes need a different ECU as there may be a rewriting problem.
I suspect it's more down to software rights/ownership/copyright etc, I know some firms are able to re-programme certain ecu's that the manufacturer is unable to :)

Companies (like Revo in the car world) spend months and £1000's of pounds cracking the OEM software, some Jap stuff has never been 'cracked' :jsm:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
HighRisk

ahh, now I got it! Thanks for explaining it!

Hope the new mapping will be great! Would be intereressting to see if some magazines will make a review review test :) I guess the F3 would have one many of those tests with a better mapping....

·
Registered
128 Posts
Yes, theres an awful lot of RR owners complaining about the hole, some have even said it's more like turning the ignition off then back on, to me it doesn't sound like purely fuelling, I suspect something else is happening
You're right Mike it is...the variable trumpets are dry assembled and subsequently they have found that maybe isn't such a great idea. Dealers are having to strip and wet re-assemble the variable trumpet stack assembly at first service...cures the problem completely.

·
Registered
561 Posts
I'm not convinced the latest batch of bikes will have hugely different mapping to the ones on the bikes already delivered to customers, I have heard today that MV are still working on the bike and more updates and maybe even hardware will be needed to resolve the issues.

It seems as if the F3 testers in Italy missed, never experianced or failed to report the running concerns the bikes have and I have been told they were under huge pressure to get the bike released ASAP.

Apperantly MV are so concerned about the running issues that the B3 release has now been put back two months so they can resolve it.

It looks as though I like many others could be going back to the dealer for an engine management update and possibly other future updates and replacement parts once they have finally sorted it out.

One thing is for sure I was told they are taking this very seriously and are working extremely hard to fix the problem.

My last bike had three updates over a period of two years, it got better every time so i'm used to this and i'm not too worried about it, yes it should have been right or better in the first place but lets be honest I don't think they could afford to delay the bike any longer.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Bruce,

speak to Martin at Forza on Saturday for his opinion, don't worry though I reckon the bike is still a gem despite a couple of little quirks and I'm convinced it will only get better too.

You should ask if you can take yours for a spin around the block, it's your bike after all and i'm sure they have trade plates so you can test it.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
You're right Mike it is...the variable trumpets are dry assembled and subsequently they have found that maybe isn't such a great idea. Dealers are having to strip and wet re-assemble the variable trumpet stack assembly at first service...cures the problem completely.
This isn't aimed at you btw :)

Wow it's like groundhog day for me. I'm sure i mentioned this nearly a year ago and was looking for a cure.

The problem is not only dry installation although on the RR they are greased up as i pulled one apart with very little miles on it, the problem is bad mapping as well.

If you get the TSS opening even 500rpm too early or too late it puts holes in the power delivery.

I must have logged over 1000 dyno runs on a number of 2010 and 2011 R and RR models and played with the TSS control. It does not like simply being opened with a bang.

I have a cure and people know where to find me if they want it :)

I'm sure in time i'll have some options for the F3 but it will take time.

·
Registered
128 Posts
This isn't aimed at you btw :)

Wow it's like groundhog day for me. I'm sure i mentioned this nearly a year ago and was looking for a cure.

The problem is not only dry installation although on the RR they are greased up as i pulled one apart with very little miles on it, the problem is bad mapping as well.

If you get the TSS opening even 500rpm too early or too late it puts holes in the power delivery.

I must have logged over 1000 dyno runs on a number of 2010 and 2011 R and RR models and played with the TSS control. It does not like simply being opened with a bang.

I have a cure and people know where to find me if they want it :)

I'm sure in time i'll have some options for the F3 but it will take time.
I believe you...I was just repeating what Moto GB told me.

·
Banned
1,449 Posts
I believe you...I was just repeating what Moto GB told me.
I'm beginning to wonder if MotoGB acutely know what the fault/s is/are, on the F4 1000 RR, these are some of the answers I have had from them todate.
1 is it the ecu that needs remapping??
2 is the variable trumpets sticking?
3 is the TPS needing re-setting?
4 is it the exhaust valve? fix it open.
5 is it the traction control system kicking in due to the extra power at 10,000 RPM?
6 is it cheap super market fuel?:banghead:

One thing for sure, I don't know what the fault is, I just thought when you pay £18,000 for a bike it should run OK.:thewife:

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Just back from Forza, the mapping problem has not yet been resolved, so none of the bikes including the white or black or second batch of red/silver have been upgraded.
Information is that, yes MV are working on it, it will be FOC and hopefully soon.

There were five F3's there and the exhausts were all the same.
I cannot see what all the fuss is about, if you were not made aware of the comments, I am sure you would not notice it and it is certainly not going to bother me.

Just waiting now for the warmer weather to arrive and completion of the bike and then it is all systems go

Attachments

1 - 20 of 30 Posts