MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,114 Posts
Zero feedback sellers tend to turn off a lot of buyers. If it's legit, looks like a steal.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Lately at Ebay a lot of sellers with zero reviews selling some precious MV s>:)
It's a shot in the dark or a great deal!

·
Registered
2,818 Posts

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Its got scam written all over it.

·
Registered
645 Posts
I have the same Brutale... the deal sounds a bit dicey to me... no way I would buy a bike online without either checking the seller and bike out some way-- feh.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Totally agree... I have purchased several bikes via eBay, but would never bid without first going to see the bike and certainly would not initiate a money transfer until I am standing face to face with the seller and the bike is present with keys and checked paperwork.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I've bought maybe 20+ bikes via ebay - most unseen.

I turn up and, if it is as described, pay cash. If it's not, I walk (only happened twice and both due to the sellers definition of mint / as new being different to mine).

But I agree this looks to good to be true

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
I've bought maybe 20+ bikes via ebay - most unseen.
Not up to 20 yet:grin2:, but I've bought 3 off ebay blind. Always had lengthy conversations with owner/seller though. I think we get a feel for honesty/reality, but still, the door is always open for one to be put over us!

And yes, the definition of 'mint' is subject to a great amount of 'poetic licence'!!

·
Registered
413 Posts
Agreed - I always ask very specific questions in writing (so that I have a legitimate reason to pull out if I have been lied to) and very often try and talk to the seller as well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts