MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The suspension link is from Motoplan,

http://www.motoplan.co.jp/product/mezzo/product.html

Don't bother with trying to get their pipe, though, it's a one-off vaporware item that isn't quite intended for production. Other stuff quite readily available.

I decided to get the Motocorse CC slash tip full system instead. They make these now with the bung for the lamda/312R setup. Only thing is that the 312R doesn't use the mounting point next to the right foorpeg anymore - so there's an extra bracket there.

I decided not to put on the clutch slave yet as I am also waiting for the Brembo RCS clutch master cylinder.....that's probably another month or more....so I've got the half baked yoke/centre reservoir thing going for a while.....the yoke and centre reservoir are from performanceparts.de Wolfgang is very helpful.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Rear adjuster link raises and lowers the rear ride height. Taller rear = quicker steering at the expense of high speed stability. Unless you have a longer sidestand, raising the rear ride height much isn't really feasible unless you want to have a leaning tower of piza.

·
King of Bling
9,809 Posts
The suspension link is from Motoplan,

http://www.motoplan.co.jp/product/mezzo/product.html

Don't bother with trying to get their pipe, though, it's a one-off vaporware item that isn't quite intended for production. Other stuff quite readily available.

I decided to get the Motocorse CC slash tip full system instead. They make these now with the bung for the lamda/312R setup. Only thing is that the 312R doesn't use the mounting point next to the right foorpeg anymore - so there's an extra bracket there.

I decided not to put on the clutch slave yet as I am also waiting for the Brembo RCS clutch master cylinder.....that's probably another month or more....so I've got the half baked yoke/centre reservoir thing going for a while.....the yoke and centre reservoir are from performanceparts.de Wolfgang is very helpful.
Hi Sybarite

Thanks for the info / advice, and really appreciate the quick response

Cheers

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Not sure about that - will find out this weekend. I am still fiddling with it on the stand....some other parts are just taking too long to arrive.....

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Rear adjuster link raises and lowers the rear ride height. Taller rear = quicker steering at the expense of high speed stability. Unless you have a longer sidestand, raising the rear ride height much isn't really feasible unless you want to have a leaning tower of piza.
Your spot on there, mine with the slightly longer Maxton rear shock handles gorgeous, but I need to be real careful where I park it, the slightest slope and it looks terrifying

·
Banned
1,449 Posts
sybarite -- do you know if the ride height adjuster has a broader range of adjustment than stock?
Beware, I tried lowering the rear height adjuster on a F4 750 to take some of the weight off my arms, however the result was that the bike just didn't want to go round corners. :f4:

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Beware, I tried lowering the rear height adjuster on a F4 750 to take some of the weight off my arms, however the result was that the bike just didn't want to go round corners. :f4:

How does that saying go? 'A bad workman always blames his tools':stickpoke

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Not sure about any weight savings - probably not much.

Other differences are good - my engine temp is now lower at idle. As reported in the maintenance thread.

Clutch pull - while not a problem in the original setup - is now actually lighter - coupled with a Brembo RCS clutch master set at 16-16 and the STM slave unit. The slipper clutch 'bump' is almost imperceptible as well.

One disadvantage is that now the steering lock is even less as the brake and clutch master pumps can contact the clocks earlier.

Exhaust note now is really sweet - a bit different from the RG3s on a 750 that I remember - it's a lower rumble and meatier. The RG3 on a 750 had a bit more of that Ferrari song.

Brakes are a big improvement in feel, still playing with the 18-20 ratio on the RCS master, now coupled to HP CNC radial calipers (not Monoblocs as these are 2 pc units). Waiting for the floating discs to arrive.....

Induction is now QB carbon larger airbox and air intakes. Great induction noise and nice low end. No flat spot using a race ECU but put std ECU on for the moment due to the high idle. Waiting for VSDTS to arrive.....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts