MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to Barber recently and while I was there saw this.

Did you see it? How about a bigger photo.

That just makes me MAD. Barber spends an absolute fortune to put these bikes on display and people don't treat them with respect. :(

·
Registered
14,532 Posts
missing Dzus

Fucktards!

Chris beat me, I type sloooow

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
So do you think someone was short one & simply stole it or one of the crew left it off after a clean or service or something?

·
Banned
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So do you think someone was short one & simply stole it or one of the crew left it off after a clean or service or something?
I'm pretty sure it was stolen. The Barber Museum is scary anal retentive. They remove bikes from display after hours for even the small stuff. If someone lost a fastener during a routine service the bike would stay off display until it was complete. Knowing them they probably replaced it with a spare minutes after I told them. :)

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
Might have been a little kid though. Oh no it came off. Hide the evidence.

Yes you'd be happier thinking that was the case rather some crapbag who is supposedly a motorcycle aficionado (why else would you otherwise go there) stole it. Still nothing surprises in the world (sadly).

·
Banned
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes you'd be happier thinking that was the case rather some crapbag who is supposedly a motorcycle aficionado (why else would you otherwise go there) stole it. Still nothing surprises in the world (sadly).
Yeah. It's a cheap fastener. Perhaps they were planning a handbag Tamburini heist and gave up after some pesky MV lover started meddling around and dropped the dime at the front desk.

It's still a shame really. Of all the bikes in the whole place to steal from. I suppose it's good they did not steal fasteners from the Surtes MV. Being near that bike is like standing next to a Great White Shark. You can't not notice it. :)

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
Agreed good choice - I spent quite a deal of time in 2011 in that very museum staring at that very bike. It took my wife both of her arms to pull me away from that!

I think the museum's 'lack of security' (visible at least) that allows you to get that up close & personal is to be highly commended, I hope idiots don't wreck that policy for the rest of us!

Second best bike museum I've been to in my life after the MV Museum in Italy but that is only because you know my bent & to only have things MV & nothing else is my idea of utopia :)

·
Banned
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Agreed good choice - I spent quite a deal of time in 2011 in that very museum staring at that very bike. It took my wife both of her arms to pull me away from that!

I think the museum's 'lack of security' (visible at least) that allows you to get that up close & personal is to be highly commended, I hope idiots don't wreck that policy for the rest of us!

Second best bike museum I've been to in my life after the MV Museum in Italy but that is only because you know my bent & to only have things MV & nothing else is my idea of utopia :)
Yeah. I think if that ever happened beyond the occasional scratch or broken accessory or missing part that a lot of the valuable bikes might end up on very tall displays which would make them a bit more difficult to see. I certainly hope that does not happen.

I also love the Barber museum. Whenever I ride on their track I can't help but stop at the museum even if it's for a few minutes. Ok a few minutes is a stretch. Sometimes I can condense my visit down to just an hour. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts