MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
There are quite a few traveling companies that let you take some V12 cars out on the track. The wife got me that for my birthday a few years back. TONS of fun. It solidified my love for Ferrari.

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
3.3 litre V12 Ferrari from the late 60's with carbs and velocity stacks. That's my choice for best V12 sound. Haven't heard the video link yet though, so who knows.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
3.3 litre V12 Ferrari from the late 60's with carbs and velocity stacks. That's my choice for best V12 sound. Haven't heard the video link yet though, so who knows.
Perfect Italia, indeed.
The sound in the video is from the F1 car of Ayrton Senna. Not a V12 but still an air-cooled beauty.

·
Super Moderator
21,486 Posts
That 250 clip is one of my personal favorites...

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Hey Nesca, I love Senna too but F1 is cheating......road legal V-12s eh

....just my opinion
There are lots of clandestine strategies(parallel and conflicting) and dirty politics in F1. But from a technological/engineering standpoint, it is the pinnacle.
I prefer V12 and V8 sound over V10.
But the sound, the dialogue between Senna and machine in the specific video gets me. Pure art!

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
The V10 F1 cars of the late 90s and early 2000s are the wickedest sounding engines ever produced in my opinion. I remember seeing the F1 circus in Montreal back in 2002 and I'll never forget that sound. They sound like a badly tuned UPS cube van now. Such a shame.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts