MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
39 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
MV Cellist
Joined
·
4,595 Posts
wow, time has changed...

Richard, haven't seen you here for a while, and I see that you have a Brutale 910 now! Congrats!

Johnsk6 and Richard, in case you didn't know, Taiwan is my "old country", I left in 1982 and back then, the only large displacement bikes there were the HD of the military police!

nice mods and nice bikes, thanks for the post.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
39 Posts
odonata said:
wow, time has changed...

Richard, haven't seen you here for a while, and I see that you have a Brutale 910 now! Congrats!

Johnsk6 and Richard, in case you didn't know, Taiwan is my "old country", I left in 1982 and back then, the only large displacement bikes there were the HD of the military police!

nice mods and nice bikes, thanks for the post.
Thanks!ODONATA.
I haven't to share my happiness for got a new brutale yet,because business.
You left Taiwan in 1982?
wow!how old are you??? :tongue:
Can you still speak Chinese ?
 

·
MV Cellist
Joined
·
4,595 Posts
richard said:
Thanks!ODONATA.
I haven't to share my happiness for got a new brutale yet,because business.
You left Taiwan in 1982?
wow!how old are you??? :tongue:
Can you still speak Chinese ?
Yes I still speak, read Chinese but writing is getting a little tough. I am 38 now and I left home when I was 13 with a special "musically gifted children" status. the reason why I have not been able to go back was because of my military service status in Taiwan... although I am a US citizen, I have not given up my Taiwanese citizenship, and if go back, there is a chance I can be stuck there and serve in the army for a few years before they let me leave again...

I look forward to the day(when I am 40) so I can go back and see Taiwan and ride the roads in Johnsk6's pictures, not to mention to eat all the great food at the night markets...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
OMG!!! U are so out of the loop, im the same status u are. u can now frequent taiwan anytime u wish because u have a U.S. passport or even green card status, u just have to apply for oversea chinese status. Cant believe u didnt come back for that reason. That law's been changed for more than 10 years now. Dont ask me about the details, just go ask the many small immigration firms in rowland heights, montery park, arcadia..... u know, the chinese citys.

im might be going back to L.A in March if u really dont have any taiwanese friends to show u these ropes, but go buy a ticket back now and i'll show u how we ride in taiwan, u'll be scared to death!! :smoking:


odonata said:
Yes I still speak, read Chinese but writing is getting a little tough. I am 38 now and I left home when I was 13 with a special "musically gifted children" status. the reason why I have not been able to go back was because of my military service status in Taiwan... although I am a US citizen, I have not given up my Taiwanese citizenship, and if go back, there is a chance I can be stuck there and serve in the army for a few years before they let me leave again...

I look forward to the day(when I am 40) so I can go back and see Taiwan and ride the roads in Johnsk6's pictures, not to mention to eat all the great food at the night markets...
 

·
MV Cellist
Joined
·
4,595 Posts
johnsk6 said:
OMG!!! U are so out of the loop, im the same status u are. u can now frequent taiwan anytime u wish because u have a U.S. passport or even green card status, u just have to apply for oversea chinese status. Cant believe u didnt come back for that reason. That law's been changed for more than 10 years now. Dont ask me about the details, just go ask the many small immigration firms in rowland heights, montery park, arcadia..... u know, the chinese citys.

im might be going back to L.A in March if u really dont have any taiwanese friends to show u these ropes, but go buy a ticket back now and i'll show u how we ride in taiwan, u'll be scared to death!! :smoking:
Thanks for your info, trust me, we are not the same status... with the way I left Taiwan, 100% legit, (very few boys were granted that status to study music abroad) it is now impossible for me to get the overseas chinese/taiwanese status. mine situation is totally different. tried all possiblilities here and there, front door, back door, under the table, politician... it is safer that I don't go now, pleas post lots of picture of riding in Formosa.


Do let us know when you are back in LA in March, as you noticed, there are many forum members here and we can get together.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
but u are u.s. citizen, so its all good........
anyway, jyst trying to help.

odonata said:
Thanks for your info, trust me, we are not the same status... with the way I left Taiwan, 100% legit, (very few boys were granted that status to study music abroad) it is now impossible for me to get the overseas chinese/taiwanese status. ....
 

·
MV Cellist
Joined
·
4,595 Posts
johnsk6 said:
but u are u.s. citizen, so its all good........
anyway, jyst trying to help.
1st of all, I know you are trying to help, thanks! :yo: :yo:

yes, I ama US citizen and I am also still a Taiwanese citizen, and my family is still there, so I don't wish to give it up.

The fact is if I have not given up my Taiwanese citizenship, even if I travel with the US passport, it is a few clicks away on their computer to know exactly who I am, and that I am still a Taiwanese citizen, and they have every right to keep me there for the service and US will not be able to do a thing about it.

FYI, when I was trying to get that "overseas chinese/taiwanese" status in 1996, the Taiwanese embassy not only told me they cannot give it to me unless I go back and serve in the army, they also took my Taiwanese passport away since it was about to expire, and said they will issue me a new one only after I am done with the army! and because I only had a green card then, I was out of traveling documents and it caused me some serious trouble with my work because we had a big European tour that year.

it really sucked.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top