·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Came up to me and said: 'never seen that before'

what's that? says I

'the crash cage built around the engine like that'

??? oh, that's the frame [you fugging mow-ron]

Well these *drag* bikes are too fast for me - i can't believe they build bikes that go 120mph....

It's not a drag bike [you fugging complete idiot - now piss off and stop spoiling my beautiful ride with your stupid questions and coments] and it goes 150.....

'Agusta? who builds that? - is it a honda'

I almost smacked him. Tit.

Still it's always nice to have a friendly chat with ones fellow travelers at the gas station. :jsm:

Attachments

·
Registered
822 Posts
shit, i thought for a second you ran into ME at the gas station! :lol:!

I cant stand it when people ask me if my bike is a honda either

·
Registered
14 Posts
Holy crap! Something similar today. Guy riding a Harley pulls up next to me at a light.

"What is that?"

I show him the logo on the tank.

"Agusta? Never seen anything like it before."

"Heard of Ducatis? Italian too, but the MVs are slightly rarer."

"It's like a Buell"

I almost fell dead right there.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Maritan said:
"It's like a Buell"

Ha ha, I heard that one before too! In all honesty, if you look at one of the older tube frame buells, there is some resemblance from a distance.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
'It goes closer to 160mph. Like 159.6'

Yes and with 2 teeth down in the rear mine goes, erm..............faster than yours

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Maritan said:
Holy crap! Something similar today. Guy riding a Harley pulls up next to me at a light.

"What is that?"

I show him the logo on the tank.

"Agusta? Never seen anything like it before."

"Heard of Ducatis? Italian too, but the MVs are slightly rarer."

"It's like a Buell"

I almost fell dead right there.
If *that* didn't kill you, this might.... Care to guess who owned what is now the Cagiva (MV) plant in Varese before the current owners took over? I'll give you a hint. It's an American motorcycle company located in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. ;)

·
Registered
268 Posts
Any bike I've ever had always gets those questions, not just MV Agusta. Top three are "How fast does it go?", "How fast have you gotten it up to?", and "Is that a Honda?". It's universal amongst the uninitiated.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I get the lookers more often on the Brute than any bike I've owned. Especially non motorcyclists.

From the "motorcyclists" it's usually

"What's that?"

"MV Agusta"

"What?"

"MV Agusta"

"WHAT???"

"A Honda."

"Oh...."

"Yeah, it's a prototype and I'm a test rider trying to log as many miles as I can."

Another one... After some furtive glances over my shoulder to "make sure no one was looking" I responded to one maroon's inquiry by asking if he'd heard about Harley's "brand-new top secret" plant that was being built in Augusta, GA and I was a test rider and the bike was an experiment to test "radial camshafts". I had him hooked good until I said MV stood for "Milwaukee Vibrator".

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
bas said:
You mean my 312 is not a honda????????? Nooooooooooooooo:jsm:

sorry, it's not. just in case the overheating wasn't a clue..... :jsm:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts