MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Rizoma goodies arrived today. I got the mirrors installed (5 minute job) but I have not had a chance to try them out and get them adjusted. Unfortunately I had a severe bicycle accident riding my road bicycle home yesterday (stitches, dislocated shoulder and severe road rash) and it it will probably be a week before I am able to ride again. Here are some pics. I love the mirrors. They were as close to stock as I could find.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,860 Posts
The mirrors look great! Sorry to hear about the bicycle accident, doesn't sound too good at all. Fast healing to you

·
Registered
44 Posts
Wow - I just ordered the exact same mirrors yesterday - I'm so excited to get them now! I have the same bike, same color scheme, and they look great on yours. Very curious to hear what you think once you're better. Rearsets look incredible - please let us know what you think when you are back on your feet. The irony of having a bike accident when you have a motorcycle is not lost on me!

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Brutish said:
Wow - I just ordered the exact same mirrors yesterday - I'm so excited to get them now! I have the same bike, same color scheme, and they look great on yours. Very curious to hear what you think once you're better. Rearsets look incredible - please let us know what you think when you are back on your feet. The irony of having a bike accident when you have a motorcycle is not lost on me!
Thanks Brutish. While I love the stock mirrors, I commute on this bike and I can't stand not being able to see behind me without changing my body position. As soon as I think I can steer the bike I will be on it. I am sure they will be great. They have way more adjustability than stock and stick out slightly farther.

·
Registered
44 Posts
anucci said:
Thanks Brutish. While I love the stock mirrors, I commute on this bike and I can't stand not being able to see behind me without changing my body position. As soon as I think I can steer the bike I will be on it. I am sure they will be great. They have way more adjustability than stock and stick out slightly farther.
Where did you order them from? I ordered from Australia - curious to know if you got a better deal!

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Brutish said:
Where did you order them from? I ordered from Australia - curious to know if you got a better deal!
I ordered from Carpimoto. Had it within a week. The mirrors were 124 EU a piece and around 12 EU for each mounting harware. I forget what this converts to in USD but I did the calculation at the time I ordered.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Brutish said:
Ooooh - I may have to cancel my Australia order - came it at about US$100 more, I think, for the set. What's the URL for Caprimoto?

carpimoto.com

Also, shipping was around 53 EU.

·
Registered
44 Posts
anucci said:
carpimoto.com

Also, shipping was around 53 EU.
Thanks so much for the info. I did the math and it is about a $50 difference overall. I will be ordering from carpimoto in future!

·
Registered
878 Posts
Anthony, Sorry to hear about the road rash...one word of advice (from experience... several experiences!!!), use vitamin E cream around the scab/road rash every day. It keeps the perimeter of the scab soft, so flexing the area doesn't hurt, and speeds up the healing dramatically. It also eliminates most of the scar afterwards. It also helps disinfect...I could never live without Vitamin E cream...it's a miracle cream! :conveyer:

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
ditto what Kamran said, I have had a few sleepless nights from road rash also. sorry that it happened, it really hurts to fall when you are only wearing "lingere jersey" with no armours.

How did you crash? sounds like you went over the bar? I hope you recover soon.

Beautiful parts, very nice "men jewelry", looking forward to see the rearset on your bike. Mirrors are very nice also, congrats.

Hope you feel better soon, focus on PT for your shoulder, it's very imoportant.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the good wishes. I will definitely try your suggestion and use the Vitamin E cream.
I was riding down a mild gradient hill probably 25-30 mph. I hit a series of large potholes near the bottom and blew both my front and rear tires. There was no escaping the potholes, they were everywhere. I must have flown over the handlebars because point of impact ws the top of my left shoulder. That's all I remember. It happend so fast. Next thing I knew I was picking myself up from the ground. I still don't know how I ended up with stitches in the top of my head, I was wearing my helmet.

·
Registered
878 Posts
That's not good, you must have passed out! Just take lots of rest.
If the scab is still wet and not dry, you can buy these mylar/second skins patches (NeXcare waterproof or similar brands) that you put on, and it keeps the skin from forming a scab until it fully heals...
I usually carry them with me when racing away from home...

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have those same rearsets on my 910 R and I love them...totally adjustable...just know that the ones I have are what I was told "race shift" meaning 1 up and five down...did not want to get used to this so I had a buddy paint the stock clutch lever black and I took the rizoma clutch lever off...looks sweet and feels normal again...would post pics but I am computer illiterate...ok I'll see what I can do...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts