MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am not sure what forum would be best for this to live, so I'm posting here. I visited the Solvang Motorcycle Museum up in Solvang, California, and thought I would share some photos I took. Only a selection of total collection is on display at any time. I really enjoyed looking at all of the motorcycles and recommend it if you are ever in the area (about an hour northwest of Santa Barbara). My family and I drove up on Sunday morning (to get through Los Angeles without traffic) and came back today. They enjoyed shopping in the unique Danish village and the area around there is beautiful.

I'll start off with some images of the three MV's on display:

Attachments

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Britten & Honda's

I've always wanted to see a Britten in person and I finally got to - very cool!! Also Honda's...

Attachments

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Vincents, Gilera, Ducati, etc

Some more photos... (sorry the photos aren't loading in order).

Attachments

·
Registered
742 Posts
Thanks for sharing!

·
Administrator
19,799 Posts
Nice photos....thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
5,054 Posts
Thanks for posting. Loved seeing the HRD, Vincent and Nortons! You need to make a trip to Barber Museum in AL. They have a Britten. And 1200+ other bikes

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The Britten is an amazing bike but the story of John Britten is fascinating! The bike in the pic was displayed at the Quail in 2017. My SB8R was placed right next to it. The real bonus was to hear it run.

Yes, the story is great. I would have loved to hear how it sounded.

Thanks for posting. Loved seeing the HRD, Vincent and Nortons! You need to make a trip to Barber Museum in AL. They have a Britten. And 1200+ other bikes

Someday I hope to make it to the Barber Museum. This is actually the first motorcycle-only museum I've been to in the states (many years ago I visited Ducati and Moto Guzzi's factory museums in Italy). There was a wide variety of mostly rare bikes here and very slanted toward race bikes. I believe the collector actually races vintage bikes. What I liked most was being able to get right up to and walk around each bike - nothing was cordoned off out of reach.

P.S.: That supercharged Vincent Black Lightning is something else.

Agreed, it looked the part of a fast and crazy motorcycle.

·
Registered
342 Posts
For hulen da osse!! :bash: Solvang is Danish, not Dutch --- Come on! -- Is it really that hard >:):guitarist

Please .. no more fuel on the bonfire of "American ignorance" ---

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
For hulen da osse!! :bash: Solvang is Danish, not Dutch --- Come on! -- Is it really that hard >:):guitarist

Please .. no more fuel on the bonfire of "American ignorance" ---

I edited my post with the correction. My wife and I actually discussed this while we were there. Despite knowing the difference, I typed it.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Awesome! Next trip I plan to Oceanside will definitely include this. It is a few miles from Vegas, but worth it to see these beauties!

Thank you for sharing

1 - 19 of 19 Posts