MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the alarm sold as a dealer part for the first gen bikes and comes with a full harness that plugs into places on the factory harness using stock plugs to integrate itself into the engine/dash electronics. It also has an LED that is normally only a foot from the alarm but I soldered in a long 22/2 wire to run it up so I could mount it by the dash using one of the stock dash bolts. You can either use that method or just go back to placing it somewhere near the alarm itself (which is meant to be mounted in the tray under the seat).

I have both FOBs and both copies of the little key card used for emergency disarming if your FOB was lost or battery was dead. The only thing this doesnt have is one of the 6 screws that screw the harness into the controller. I dropped it installing the alarm and never found the screw but it didn't create any issues with the seal or anything

I took it off over a year ago, it was working when I removed it but the bike was no longer being ridden out overnight and whatnot. I can say it functions as an alarm. It had been set off a few times by aholes who thought they would test sit the bike and its obnoxious/painfully high pitched, and my FOB battery died once so I got to test out the ignition kill and subsequent process from the card to override the arming.

Device is sold as-is.

·
Old Wing Nut
21,971 Posts
I had one of these kits on my Brutale 910R...works well. I can recommend it if you want an alarm.

·
Old Wing Nut
21,971 Posts
Ask your insurer about a discount with alarm fitted...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts