MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Latest American software update for B3?

It's probably been well over a year since my most recent software update. I have a 2014 Brutale 800 located in Florida. Does anyone know when the last update was released in the U.S.?

Also, is there any chance the software mapping can become corrupt? My bike was running great and now suddenly it's surging and sometimes has a flat spot when accelerating. I also get an occasional "malfunction" on the display and nothing else

I'm hoping a reflash of software might clear this problem.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
I'd be surprised. I would be less surprised if it were due to the old bugbear of the throttle bodies needing balancing.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd be surprised. I would be less surprised if it were due to the old bugbear of the throttle bodies needing balancing.
Hopefully hooking it up to the computer might shed some light. In California my dealer would hook it up for free. Not sure if the dealer here in Tampa will.

·
Registered
465 Posts
If your still under warranty, I wouldn't think that you would spend a dime to get the dealer to sort it out

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If your still under warranty, I wouldn't think that you would spend a dime to get the dealer to sort it out
Not under warranty. I'm just looking for ideas on what it might be. I probably have had at least $2000 in warranty work since I bought the bike: New radiator, three sprags, throttle bodies sealed, shift indicator, tip over sensor etc.

I love the bike when it's running right, which is about 70% of the time.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Thats a lot of issues for a new bike, or anything else for that matter. I'd go over the basic stuff like Check for vacuum leaks at the throttle bodies and lines, battery and charging system, grounds to earth, that kind of stuff. I never heard of a closed systems software getting corrupt before. I have seen a map get wiped out by incorrect battery hook up on a 1997 HD night train , but I wouldn't assume the same thing could've happened to you. My bet is a throttle adjustment , but it's hard to diagnose over the computer .

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Also check for air leaks in the gasket between the head and exhaust manifold and the same for the lambda sensor at the base of the exhaust, heard they can be a problem confusing the ecu with air/fuel exhaust mixture readings causing the bike to run rough?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts