MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Next week is it! Firmed up meet on the 24th. Saturday!!!!!!!!

Backup date May 31 (only if 24th is affected by tornado or something)

Meet start point: Griddle Cafe in Hollywood 8 A.M. for brekkie, roll down Sunset to PCH, 7916 Sunset Blvd.,
Hollywood, CA 90046
(Corner of Sunset and Fairfax)

-Fuel Stop
-up Topanga to
-Old Topanga to
-Mulholland to
-Stunt to
-Piuma to
-Malibu Canyon to Mulholland
-ending up at the Rockstore for lunch

Count of Participants, 9 so far:
Fragile
roman_can
Red Baron
theknurl
Lawbreaker
Skydvr
Punisher203
DeezF3
gawzilla

·
Registered
14,741 Posts
meet?

Fragile;

last few years we've met at the bottom of Angles Crest Highway

I'd rather ride the Malibu Canyons and end up at Neptune's Net on PCH for a late lunch

too many yahoos on ACH of course there are more on The Snake

:naughty:

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, I agree with that comment on Angeles Crest. We can have more than one so people can choose (ACH someone else can plan, I want the L.A. experience). I am thinking of something like meeting in the heart of L.A., ride through the city of West L.A. Beverly Hills, then north on the famous 405 fwy (4 or 5 hours to get through that one), exit to Ventura Blvd, make our way to Malibu canyon where we take that bad boy where it empties to Pepperdine in Malibu, then north on PCH to Neptunes net for lunch. After lunch, can disband, or for the hardcore, continue to 126 then 150 towards Ojai. From Ojai, disband and be on our way. I know this may not be amiable for those that don't like the diversity of the ride which I just described, so open for suggestions. I was just thinking that this would really make the MVs known in L.A. that we are not just suicidal nofear ego driven speed junkies that do nothing but canyons with 1000 feet drop offs. Also to let it be known that we don't just set our bikes in our living rooms, disappointing the Castiglionis. BTW I might take my Duc instead for this one, keep the pretty F4RR from getting stone chips. Ooops did I say that?

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've planned routes before in another life for another motive genre. I'd like to set this summer a run route that is safe and for all types of riders. I just need someone who can coordinate handle the ice breaking social interaction part because I'm no good at that. I am simply a wallflower.

·
Registered
14,741 Posts
Fragile;
you have to remember;
we have groups coming from Arizona, San Francisco, Las Vegas and San Diego..... so they will need overnight accommodations.....so Downtown is out

I wouldn't ask my EX girlfriend to meet me in Downtown LA.....well then again:naughty:

I'd suggest on the Coast;
easy access via 405 to the 10, or from the North, 101 to PCH
and we need secure parking....

if I shuffle stuff around I can have indoor parking for at least 6-8 bikes in South Redondo.....there are motels within walking distance, ~3 blocks

·
Registered
175 Posts
Sounds good to me I've never been on those roads before. I'll keep checking in for dates and location for this ride.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
theknurl, I hear you on the hotel venues. I like the idea of coastline start. In this case the touring route can start along the coast there at South Redondo, snake its way towards Sunset BLVD (Pacific Palisades inclusive), work inland to past Sunset Strip, then north through Laurel Canyon , to Ventura BLVD, up ventura BLVD to Malibu canyon (use 101 fwy instead if route is too much city already), back towards Pepperdine University on the PCH, north on PCH, to Neptunes Net. Skys the limit. I think we are getting somewhere. Great ideas. So you have accomodations near your home is what you are saying? Can I lay a sleeping bag next to the my bike parked in your garage. Not sure if I want her to be alone without me :)

An alternate start point is near where I am at, in North Los Angeles suburbs (very safe hotel accomodations), tour through San Fernando Valley to 101/ Ventura Blvd towards Malibu canyon, etc.

Being a Los Angeles based event, I think it is important to go through at least West Hollywood / Beverly Hills/ some of Ventura BLVD in the San Fernando Valley, and of course the PCH as a minimum requirement. Scratch L.A. proper as that is just too heavy on many counts.

This is getting exciting. Tentative event date May 10/11 or June 21/22, any preferences for Sat or Sun, May or June?

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wow just six of us so far in all of L.A. I can imagine this is a very exclusive group, these MV Agusta pilots, hehe.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
I'm IN

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Regarding weather, May is the best month to get out there as the temps are max 77F and min 57F. Any later and prepare to sweat. Suggest once in May and once in OCT for best experience

·
Registered
14,741 Posts
Fragile;

from now until it starts raining is fine

nobody with an MV wants to profile through Downtown/West Hollywatts/BH or Ventura Blvd......the bikes don't like it

lets go to the Canyons

I can park 6-8 bikes indoors at my apartment/workshop

best idea is the old Motel 6 routine......I need a ground floor room:naughty: and roll it right in

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
So many options in the Santa Monicas. Piuma, Decker, Stunt, Old Topanga, Topanga (although usually too many cages to be fun).

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Stunt road stop yeah, nice view. Okeedok, great info about the congestion avoidance. Still working on route with this. , with a little bit of city and a bit of highway. At least capture a little of the non riding crowd. theknurl, please ID your township for me or PM address to me. I will set that as start point. Awesome, moving closer to plans.

·
Registered
14,741 Posts
meet?

Stunt road stop yeah, nice view. Okeedok, great info about the congestion avoidance. Still working on route with this. , with a little bit of city and a bit of highway. At least capture a little of the non riding crowd. theknurl, please ID your township for me or PM address to me. I will set that as start point. Awesome, moving closer to plans.
I'm in South Redondo Beach at Ave C & PCH.....way too far south

you want a Motel, east Santa Monica or West LA for ease of access to freeways for people coming long distances and close access to the Malibu Canyons.....

you will need ~1/4-1/3 of the rooms so be ground floor:naughty:

its called indoor parking.......never were a race wrench were you:naughty:

an OW-31 Yamaha will fit in the Hilton Hotel elevator at Laguna Seca:yo:

I can put 6-8 bikes indoors, at my Mothers there is safe outdoor parking for 40-50 bikes, iron fences and 4 dogs but there IS NO WHERE TO STAY within 2 miles, PITA

you need to find out how many people, then go looking for a place

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
7 so far. I will find the place no prob using the phone and using Google earth ground view, thanks for the requirements.

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
I've been away awhile and thought about this the other day.

We plan an annual mvagusta.net meetup in southern california -- see past threads and news items on the homepage. I've planned this with the help of some socal'ers for many years now. We've done most every road there is in socal from Angeles Crest, PCH/Malibu/Neptunes Net, Ortega, Palomar, etc. We've even started more in the 'heart' one year with closing off a part of Rodeo Dr for our MVs.

I can tell you that maneuvering 40+ motos together from a location like Rodeo Dr or from Santa Monica up the PCH is close to impossible. Noel -- annually you recommend staying away from the Crest and request PCH but honestly the Crest has been the best to keep everyone together! Regardless, we can get something organized. It won't be anytime this soon, however, for an official mvagusta.net meetup, but I encourage meetups always. I'll start another socal meetup thread for the annual mvagusta.net ride.

Last year was tough since we did 2 mountains. We started at Cars & Coffee Irvine which I think was great, and then went over Ortega to 15, down to Palomar. 15 was pretty brutal with traffic and so many participants, but the end lunch spot by the lake was a treat.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Alvin, when was the last meet? I never intended for 40 + to show up but I guess everyone is not posting or just waiting for the info to come out.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts