MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

Any of the SoCal people planning on going to the whole Newcombs birthday thing on the 10th of August? Pro Italia is trying to have a huge ride 100+ leave from the shop and ride up there.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Talked to pro italia regarding a different issue. They said they would be more than happy to offer something special for the"MV Guys" if it doesnt cost them a ton and gets people to come out.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Where can I find info about the ride? Just got a Brutale S, and live 5 minutes from Pro Italia. Could be a good chance to get out on a ride and meet some MV connections

·
Registered
263 Posts
I would go if I were in Ca, unfortunately I'll be out of town then.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The goal of the ride isnt going balls out on the crest. I'm sure there will be cops up there but there will also be a bunch of people. Nobody is going to be going very fast. As Chandler said, its a great opportunity to get a bunch of MV people together and meet new people.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
The goal of the ride isnt going balls out on the crest. I'm sure there will be cops up there but there will also be a bunch of people. Nobody is going to be going very fast. As Chandler said, its a great opportunity to get a bunch of MV people together and meet new people.
see you there nneal12, I will be with my DRC group coming from wright wood to newcomb's ranch

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Going balls out isn't the only way to get popped at the crest. Plate relocations, missing blinkers and exhausts get you popped just as much as speeding or riding anything over 25mhp will. The cops on the crest hate bikers and will write you up just for fun.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thats really interesting. I've never run into any issues up there. Usually see 1 or 2 cops per weekend but am warned well in advance by other riders/bicyclists. Pop up a few gears and throw the cop a peace sign. Never had anyone come after me. Hell, one of my friends with a zx-10 got hit by a motorcycle cop going 120 up the crest. He pulled over, all the other riders with him ran, cop wrote him for 5 over just because he stopped. It doesnt surprise me that people get hit for doing blatant things but they seem pretty relaxed compared to other areas.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I plan on going. Ride the crest often and never been harassed by the cops..?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
oh the irony

On the fence about going. I would like to, as I just got my 750 on Saturday, but I also had the headlight glass come out in my hands, the engine hit 234 degrees F and blink angrily at me while filtering through heavy traffic on the highway, and a rear hub that felt extremely hot when I got home (as yet to determine failing bearings, or just a rear hub operating for 50 highway miles on a day in the high 90s). We'll see how much I can get sorted out this week

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
i will be at Pro Italia at 8:30am and going up with every body

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sweet. I may have convinced my brother to come down with me on his benelli. Should be a riot.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I plan to be there, pending any dramatic discovery while at Knurl's shop tomorrow to check the status of my rear hub. Any news on that Pro Italia swag for forum peeps teased earlier in the thread?

Any sort of mvagusta.net meeting area to find one another?

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Basically they said whatever we can come up with that doesnt involve them spending a ton of money. I can give them a call tomorrow and see if they will break out one of their big MV flags or something of the like. I had put it off a bit since theres only been a few people showing interest. Find the Benelli with a B3 next to it and youll find me.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
too many bikes

great time weekend

Attachments

1 - 20 of 30 Posts