MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
Our local model airplane club had a strip about three miles from my house. Thirty to forty weekends a year all you could hear for miles around was the pack of angry bees BUZZING for hours on end. The skill and execution was remarkable, but the loud noise was oppressive.

Our local airport is only about four miles from my home, and the Cessnas, Gulfstreams, Citations, and ultralights are less intrusive than the model airplanes.

·
Registered
9,954 Posts
Our local model airplane club had a strip about three miles from my house. Thirty to forty weekends a year all you could hear for miles around was the pack of angry bees BUZZING for hours on end. The skill and execution was remarkable, but the loud noise was oppressive.

Our local airport is only about four miles from my home, and the Cessnas, Gulfstreams, Citations, and ultralights are less intrusive than the model airplanes.[/quote

One man's music is another man's almighty racket Randy. :drummer:

I once read that people aren't so much fazed by the noise as they are about the distinct possibility that the noise might suddenly stop, right over their head..:wtf:

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Makes mine look like poo. :(

Randy, the nitro planes do get pretty annoying. I stick to electric. Much more tolerable.

·
Registered
9,954 Posts
Makes mine look like poo. :(

Randy, the nitro planes do get pretty annoying. I stick to electric. Much more tolerable.

Four stroke IC engines aren't so much like a mad wasp in a bean can.

I have a few Saito 4 strokes..

Electric definitely have come on in leaps and bounds in recent years.

They are great in noise sensitive areas and also for multi engine aeroplanes as they are just that bit more reliable..

:smoking:

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
I like the smoke system. Not a good sign if flying an electric.:jsm:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts