MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read the forum since February. I am in love with the mv agusta company but I read so many electrical problems on the new f3. I was planning to buy one but because of the problem with mv's dealer in my country I don't buy yet. I would like to ask the owners of the f3 about the bikes problems. I read all the time here so many problems and this is very sad for the company. Finally worth buying the f3 or not.? ?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi there,

few things I want to say..

nr 1: yes there are individuals with problems on their F3..but you also get guys that have none. (like me. 1300km no problems yet... touch wood). You can go out and buy a new BMW or Ford ect and it will give you problems some point time. My focus ST constantly gave shit. but then again that was a ford...

nr 2: commuting problems.. no problems there either... just ride her faster.. its a small bike. you can take any gap... no seriously its easy to ride.. I stalled her once and that was because I saw a hot girl in the car next to me...

nr3: Dude.. Its a MV Agusta!! just look at it FFS. no bike compares to it.. hard core bikers stares at them.. Agusta's are scares. whatever problems you might have with it, its pure awesomeness will make you forget.. quickly.

nr 4: I test drove a daytona 675R 2013 and yes it was a nice ride, but it lacked something.. oh yes I remember.. coolness.. the F3 makes your legs jelly and it will remind you to respect it. that will keep you loving it every time you go out for a ride.

nr 5: just buy the damn MV.. if you buy something else. I tell you now, one or maybe 2 will pass you sometime and you ARE going to wish you rather bought the MV..

when I ride my F3 I know(in my own mind).. Chicks want to have me, and guys want to be me..

i'm a very satisfied F3 owner.. one can name the bad things on your one hand, but I can go on and on and on about the good stuff....

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your answer. I agree with everything you say but I think that a company like the mv agusta should not be let her motorcycle with so many problems. all these problems spoil her name all over the world. I have a cupra bocanegra and has some small problems but it is Seat. Agusta should not have such problems.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Great advice JFK! Ive owned lots of bikes previously and had a bmw s1000rr which had vibration and quickshifter problems all known by s1000 owners. There is nothing better than owning an MV F3, i had to own one and so glad i bought it, you get so much attention and apart from that its a joy to ride no issues with the fuelling with the new map and dealers are willing to help unlike the volume brands that just stack them high and bang them out cheap, givd me your card number and i will buy one for you

·
Registered
947 Posts
MV's really don't have an more problems than Ducati or BMW for example, they just don't have as strong a dealer or parts network to support the product. That being said, my dealer is 100 miles away and has treated me fantastic so if you buy from a good dealer you should be fine.

Google BMW S1000RR con rod failures, Ducati Panigale recalls, and Kawasaki ZX10r technical recall and you will see that all major motorcycle manufacturers have issues from time to time.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I had one problem. The bike would shut off randomly, took it to the shop there was a broken wire near the on/off switch. All covered by warranty.

I have ridden 3200 miles so far, best bike ever. People who have a lot of problems are most likely cause their dealer wasn't so good at assembling the bike. The bike is great.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thanks for your answer. I agree with everything you say but I think that a company like the mv agusta should not be let her motorcycle with so many problems. all these problems spoil her name all over the world. I have a cupra bocanegra and has some small problems but it is Seat. Agusta should not have such problems.
You have to also remember that this is the first 3 cylinder bike that they have built in ages.. the new engineers had no idea how to interoperate the old 3 cyl engine drawings.. and the electronics is more advanced than the F4, hence all the funny engine shutdown problems and so forth.. you have to give them some credit.. its still a awesome bike. I love mine more each day... just take care of her and she will look after you

·
Registered
96 Posts
Even though it has some issues, just like any new model bike or car, it still gives me a stupid grin everytime I ride it :D So much that Im planning on going for the F3 800 when its available. This is my first "new" bike and I dont think I'll ever go with another brand in the future. Once you go MV all other bikes are ugly, ha!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Even though it has some issues, just like any new model bike or car, it still gives me a stupid grin everytime I ride it :D So much that Im planning on going for the F3 800 when its available. This is my first "new" bike and I dont think I'll ever go with another brand in the future. Once you go MV all other bikes are ugly, ha!
agreed...:naughty::smoking:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi. I'm a proud owner of a MV Agusta F3.
I have done already 5.400km with the bike.
The only problem I had is that the gas is not for free lol.
I love everything about the bike.
I pick up the bike everyday at my garage, hit the starter and after that is just having fun.
You have to buy one, is a must to have.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1 Posts
The most important thing before buying any bike, is dealer support, if your dream bike's dealer is 300 miles away, find another brand, like the Daytona 675R which won't give you any headaches.
I love the F3 looks, but can't jump to buy one with all the negative information going around the community, unless you want to be a guinea pig, and like many members stated here, this is the first 3 cyl MV Agusta and the engineers are still figuring it out.

·
Registered
465 Posts
The most important thing before buying any bike, is dealer support, if your dream bike's dealer is 300 miles away, find another brand, like the Daytona 675R which won't give you any headaches.
I love the F3 looks, but can't jump to buy one with all the negative information going around the community, unless you want to be a guinea pig, and like many members stated here, this is the first 3 cyl MV Agusta and the engineers are still figuring it out.[/QUOTE

Didn't MV win 6 consecutive championships on a 3cyl from 1966 to 1973?

·
Registered
87 Posts
I love the F3 looks, but can't jump to buy one with all the negative information going around the community, unless you want to be a guinea pig, and like many members stated here, this is the first 3 cyl MV Agusta and the engineers are still figuring it out.[/QUOTE

Didn't MV win 6 consecutive championships on a 3cyl from 1966 to 1973?
i think what Matt is trying to say the F3 has a new designed 3cyl from the original ones blueprints from back in the day... so in all it is a new engine for the newly formed MV agusta seance the company went belly up back in the day

·
Registered
614 Posts
Sharp readers who saw the mega factories show will remember the engineers had the drawings from previous 3 cylinder bikes made by MV. But they made the point materials had come a long way and none of their engineers had any experience with 3 cyl bikes, so it was a clean sheet design.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm in the same boat as the OP.

I'm so ready to throw down the cash and take a Black F3 675 EAS home with me but I'm conflicted from the gripes on the forums (been watching these forums for months), and the only dealer for me is 524kms away. Mind you everything is far away for me (Outback Queensland).

Does the updated maps fix the issues that plagued the newly released F3 back in 2012? Every video online is from this period and wouldn't be an accurate representation on the current model.

I understand that the lust for the F3 overrides any fault as it's the best looking bike on the market, but at the end of the day you still have to ride the thing.

I would hate to buy a Daytona or Ninja 636 if the issues with the F3 had been fixed and ironed out.

This isn't going to be a daily commuter but rather a weekend rocketship and track day toy.

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
Hi there,

few things I want to say..

nr 1: yes there are individuals with problems on their F3..but you also get guys that have none. (like me. 1300km no problems yet... touch wood). You can go out and buy a new BMW or Ford ect and it will give you problems some point time. My focus ST constantly gave shit. but then again that was a ford...

nr 2: commuting problems.. no problems there either... just ride her faster.. its a small bike. you can take any gap... no seriously its easy to ride.. I stalled her once and that was because I saw a hot girl in the car next to me...

nr3: Dude.. Its a MV Agusta!! just look at it FFS. no bike compares to it.. hard core bikers stares at them.. Agusta's are scares. whatever problems you might have with it, its pure awesomeness will make you forget.. quickly.

nr 4: I test drove a daytona 675R 2013 and yes it was a nice ride, but it lacked something.. oh yes I remember.. coolness.. the F3 makes your legs jelly and it will remind you to respect it. that will keep you loving it every time you go out for a ride.

nr 5: just buy the damn MV.. if you buy something else. I tell you now, one or maybe 2 will pass you sometime and you ARE going to wish you rather bought the MV..

when I ride my F3 I know(in my own mind).. Chicks want to have me, and guys want to be me..

i'm a very satisfied F3 owner.. one can name the bad things on your one hand, but I can go on and on and on about the good stuff....
Now this is a cool post and just as it is. If you don't buy the MV you will ALWAYS think you should have. Unless you like that feeling; buy it!

And just to be clear, if I would buy a new bike now it would definitively be an F3 800 :f4:

·
Registered
879 Posts
Lap Dance?

Here's the truth:

nr 1: yes there are individuals who have problems with their stripper girlfriends..but you also get guys that have none. You can go out and date a non-stripper or one that doesn't spend a lot on her looks and it will give you problems at some point time (however, exponentially less drama). My prior girlfriend constantly gave shit. but then again she was a ...

nr3: Dude.. she's a stripper!! just look at her. no girl compares to her.. hard core bikers stare at her. Strippers are scares (scarce). whatever problems you might have with her, her pure awesomeness will make you forget.. quickly.

nr 4: I dated a non-stripper and yes it was nice, but she lacked something.. oh yes I remember.. coolness.. the stripper makes your legs jelly and she will remind you to respect her. that will keep you loving her every time you go out.

nr 5: just date a stripper.. if you date something else. I tell you now, one or maybe 2 will pass you sometime and you ARE going to wish you rather dated a stripper.

when I'm with my stripper, I know(in my own mind).. Other strippers want to have me, and guys (who want to date strippers) want to be me..

Remember, her hand is permanently in your pocket, reaching for the wallet. Stripper upgrades are costly, very costly. As a good friend of mine once said, "you don't date or marry a stripper. you only [email protected]$ em." You will find that many forum members here are married to their Honda/BMW/Kawi, but have a stripper on the side.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi there
My opinion is,
If you buy a new model you know you will get some problems.
First more than 50% of the parts are not MV like all the bikes you buy.
Second, the problems only appear when you use the motorcycle every day and not on the tests made By the brand.
Third, if you read and talk with other people with motorcycle you find that every new brand model has problems (ex:BMW 1000RR) and Yamaha, Honda, Suzuki.
So enjoy the bike and Maybe you have a Good bike without problems like mine that is already 7000km.
MV AGUSTA is the Ferrari of Motorcycle

1 - 19 of 19 Posts