MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
but I'm really not sure I needed to.

After all, it's still got a bit left on it ....

Attachments

·
Registered
361 Posts
Please take that back to the dealer and have them contact Cagiva USA. If they don't think there's a problem with the fan blades/materials then that should solve any questions. I've got my muzzy blades and getting ready to change them along with several other things in November once all parts arrive. Can't wait to see the condition of the blades.

·
Registered
84 Posts
My fan blades did not look all that dissimilar. My senna was routinely running up to 250F every time I came to a stop. While I didn't notice much difference in terms of cooling with the Muzzy blades, at least I don't have to worry about them melting away anymore.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OK, OK, OK ...... it's time for me to put an end to this before it gets out of hand.

Ben (Odonata) and I decided to perform the Muzzy fanblade upgrade to my Senna, so we pulled the old blades out and installed the new aluminum blades. My lower blade was crapped out, similar to everyone else's I've seen. We started joking that it would be funny if we exaggerated the blade damage to a ridiculous point, so out came the grinder. It ended up looking like a Ninja star .....we laughed about it for a while ....then I posted the picture. It was really meant to be a joke, that's all.

The accurately damaged fan blade is pictured below. FYI, my bike has NEVER seen temperatures above 237, and even then it would be for only a brief period of time. I would always let the bike cool down to at least 212 degrees before shutting the fans down.

We did, however, discover a much easier way to install the fan blades. If you remove the bolt on the left hand side of the radiator (at the top mounting bracket), you can now slide the radiator off it's post on the right side of the bike. All the hoses remain connected, and now you can move and flex the radiator a bit to access the fan mounting bolts easily. This little trick cuts the job effort in half.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
All it takes to leave fan running for 2-3 minutes after hot ride. Result would be different at least I hope so no issues here yet after that practice.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts