MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
The only thing they got right with the F3 was the colour schemes. Especially the red silver.

Im hoping the F4 looks somewhat different and keeps some of its heritage. Less weight definatley and electronics that work plus better colour schemes.

Would it be a goid move having 3 models looking sll the same??? F3 675 F3 800 and F4?? I dont think soo. The F4 has to be numero uno in all respects. Just my opinion.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Stand the two next to each other and they already look very similar, close enough at least.
I'd hate it the F3 and F4 looked the same, perfect example is those Gsxr's and ZX's.
No thanks.

·
Registered
247 Posts
F4 - why change perfection? It still looks class leading - well to me at least.

I'm no MV aficionado, but aren't both the F4 and B4 quite old in design? I remember seeing a 2004 Brutale 750 at a dealership and thought to myself it looked very similar to the current 1090. In looks alone either bike beats the competition hands down.

Must be a headache for the designers, as one of the most iconic view of the F4 must be the 4 pipes under the seat, yet surely if they want to drop the weight and bring it in line with how bike desigs are moving forwards they need to have it F3 style. I think F4 owners would hate that wouldn't they?

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
F4 - why change perfection? It still looks class leading - well to me at least.

I'm no MV aficionado, but aren't both the F4 and B4 quite old in design? I remember seeing a 2004 Brutale 750 at a dealership and thought to myself it looked very similar to the current 1090. In looks alone either bike beats the competition hands down.

Must be a headache for the designers, as one of the most iconic view of the F4 must be the 4 pipes under the seat, yet surely if they want to drop the weight and bring it in line with how bike desigs are moving forwards they need to have it F3 style. I think F4 owners would hate that wouldn't they?
Yes i would hate it very much so.

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
I dont see them making them look the same. They want to keep them differentiated. If it was a case of "sausage by the length" then you wouldn't have those buyers who are bumping up to the F4 just for the "exclusivity" of having the expensive model. While they might be posers they are a very profitable customer.

·
Registered
17,189 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,447 Posts

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
I dont see them making them look the same. They want to keep them differentiated. If it was a case of "sausage by the length" then you wouldn't have those buyers who are bumping up to the F4 just for the "exclusivity" of having the expensive model. While they might be posers they are a very profitable customer.
Ahhhhh Mr stewart. Are you assuming im a poser on my CC???? I dont cruise about town hoping from cafe to cafe on it and when i get a chance to ride it. I ride it like i stole it.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
What was so special about the 312 ? :)

I think MV needs to get the current F4's running more reliably before they bring any limited editions out.
Donsy they mean that sometime in the future they would love a special edition to be released. We all know the issues with the bike. Just that we would love too see a limited version come out. Even with problems too loll

·
Premium Member
2,894 Posts
I think there were too many "Limited Edition" F4's. Way too many. I would have much rather seen the F4 follow the same evolutionary approach that the Porsche 911 and it's iconic body style did. Maybe if BMW had acquired MV before the 2010 models were designed...

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I would have much rather seen the F4 follow the same evolutionary approach that the Porsche 911 and it's iconic body style did. Maybe if BMW had acquired MV before the 2010 models were designed...
I don't follow you!?!?

The 2010 redesign very much followed the original design, almost too much. Even people inside the motorcycle industry including many motorcycle journalists (I deal with many of them) comment, often in a degrading tone, that the F4 still has the same old original design and that a re-design is at least 5 years overdue.

......and what has BMW to do with it?

·
Premium Member
2,894 Posts
Small, evolutionary changes. Not a huge radical change as 09-10 saw.

BMW? Money. And perhaps less of a need to compete with what the then current market had to offer. Many companies have gone out of business for that very reason. They didn't have the funds to stick it out. Or the time.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts