MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
I actually understood that !! Be great if it becomes financially viable :)

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
I think a titanium swing arm would be a nice touch on a special edition. Corrosion resistant Magnesium does sound like a good aluminum replacement though.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Those Aussies are smart fellas!

John Britten still easily has my vote for the most creative engineer the moto world has ever seen.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Titanium is the way to go in my opinion. I am sure it will add to the price tag but the quality is undeniable.

·
Registered
409 Posts
John Britten still easily has my vote for the most creative engineer the moto world has ever seen.

Seconded! Just recently watched the documentary on him and his creation. Simply incredible.

Rider wheelies away from the competition down the straight! WOW! :mouthwate

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
MV already makes a Magnesium swing arm for the F4. Its on one of the Specialty F4 models. I have seen it at Fast by Ferracci showroom. Also, BST makes a carbon fiber swing arm for the Ducati 1098/1198 and I think? for the F4.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Check out Bellisimoto.com Look at some of the parts they offer. They have some incredible titanium, magnesium, and carbon parts for quite a few bikes.

·
King of Bling
9,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Titanium is the way to go in my opinion. I am sure it will add to the price tag but the quality is undeniable.
As you said, Titanium would be too expensive and it’s heavier than an Alloy swinging arm, hence why nobody uses one in MotoGP ( as far as I know).

MV already makes a Magnesium swing arm for the F4. Its on one of the Specialty F4 models. I have seen it at Fast by Ferracci showroom. Also, BST makes a carbon fiber swing arm for the Ducati 1098/1198 and I think? for the F4.
Yeah we know.. But this is a new magnesium alloy mix that does away with the old issue of material oxidization suffered by normal magnesium composition parts.

I think someone on the forum previously inquired about an MV carbon swinging arm from BST and they replied, there wouldn’t be anything in the pipe line because of the low demand levels.

Shame because that could be the best solution to weight reduction, but also the most difficult to get right, due to the design flexibility needed to be built into the finished product.

PS: Britten also gets my vote for the Worlds best exponent of “Necessity is the mother of invention “ award.

·
Registered
14,569 Posts
hey John;
how about if they give us a functioning up to date engine management system 1st?????:stickpoke

·
Super Moderator
7,346 Posts
Noel, you're being such a bitch today!

(You guys can copy and paste that and use it at any time in the future).

Love you too Noel.

·
Super Moderator
22,658 Posts

·
Registered
14,569 Posts
no!

(You guys can copy and paste that and use it at any time in the future).

Love you too Noel.
No Dave i'm the The Forum Curmudgeon.......everyday:naughty:

·
Super Moderator
22,658 Posts

Love you too Noel.

You are making Dave's point........:smoking::wave:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts