MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
would you all ever consider an extended group ride...??

Rock store is great, but i think half the fun is us all riding together...

Would we be interested in a caravan type deal like the Porsche, BMW, or Ducati owners clubs do? I know we're just a forum and not a club, but still many of us now of each other off line too...

Like 101/coast to Santa Barbara then on up Frisco and back... maybe over 3 or 4 days or something. prob could get group rates at hotels, etc...

a .net rolling party! break out your radios and/or bluetooth helmets :f4:

·
Registered
735 Posts
yeah but I'd take my ST4s

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Sounds like fun. I think an overniter would be enough for me, though, first time around.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
GRand said:
Sounds like fun. I think an overniter would be enough for me, though, first time around.
maybe like something 4 or 5 hours away...? that's about a day after stops/meals. then dinner somewhere cool, crash, breakfast and cruise on back?

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
It'd be great if you guys stayed somewhere around the Monterey Peninsula :) i'd surely come out to meet you guys coming from northern california...

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
I'd love to do this, but I can't handle more than about 300 miles on the F4.

Honestly, I think 400 would be my absolute max. And I wouldn't be able to get on the bike at all the next day. My hands just get too numb.

But if anyone is thinking about a ride to Ojai and back, let me know. That's still a long trip (probably a 300 mile day) but I'd be up for it. Such an awesome road.

Alex

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
altoon said:

Honestly, I think 400 would be my absolute max. And I wouldn't be able to get on the bike at all the next day. My hands just get too numb.

But if anyone is thinking about a ride to Ojai and back, let me know. That's still a long trip (probably a 300 mile day) but I'd be up for it. Such an awesome road.

Alex
how far is Ojai? is it far enough to mae it worth a trip up, stay there over night and then come back the next day?

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
Ojai is actually pretty close. 101 to ventura, then cut onto the 33 inland.

I'd say do ~350 miles through ojai->58-> and whatever up to monterey :)

·
Registered
735 Posts
I'm up for Ojai. My 312 will be here weekend hopefully.

·
Registered
83 Posts
altoon said:

Alex

Alex,
We ride to Ojai one or two times a month. It is a nice ride and the Deer Lodge is a great place to stop off for lunch. You are more than welcome to join us if you would like...this extends to everyone by the way.

Kashy

·
Registered
83 Posts
As far as a long ride is concerned I am totally up for it but I may have to take out the 636, I don't know if I can handle it on my F-4. Santa Barbara or Solvang is probably the max on the F-4.

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
ojai is not that far actually, im in north hollywood, and ojai is closer to me than santa barbara...... i think.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Ojai is a nice ride, done it several times. Count me in, too.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Admin, where are you living now?

·
Registered
32 Posts
count on 1 910r +1 for an over nighter, as long as the morans w/in the city limits of l.a. stay calm for some time off.........including are wonderful politician. oh oh im venting (they are job security).

1 - 20 of 23 Posts