MV Agusta Forum banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
I have seen a disproportionate amount of Vincents in Tasmania, which is nice. I was sitting at roadworks, waiting to proceed and irritated that the workers had not just watered the fine, white dirt, but saturated it, and as a result, soon my recently cleaned and lubed chain, when a Vincent, I think a Black Shadow came the other way. He was grinning, and his bike is a lot older, a lot more expensive and blacker than mine, so I grinned to. Vincent Motorcycles, giving pleasure for decades.

I find that almost all of the people who come up to me to talk about whichever MV I am riding are not motorcyclists.

I can not help but wonder if there is a thread on another bike brand forum speculating about how snobbish are the owners of exotic, expensive Italian bikes, who often seem to have very expensive cars in their garages.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
I think any one who has anything that is envied by others is regarded a snob.

My pet hate is the line: 'Aren't you lucky to have that.' Invariably, most of us have worked our butts off, and more, for our life's achievements, a fact not recognised by two-upstarts who seem to think our pleasures simply fall from trees and we were in the right place at the right time to pick it/them up.

But then again, IF I had a Vincent, I WOULD be lucky!!:)

41 - 43 of 43 Posts