MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

I was at the track this weekend and noticed my leathers are getting pretty ripe. Anybody have any suggestions on how to de-stinkify riding leathers?

Elton

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Belloq,

Takk skall do har!

Thanks for the link, but that thread is about cleaning the outside of leathers; I'm trying to figure out a way to get the stench of human sweat out of the inside of my leathers. Di lukte vundt!

Ha det bra,

Elton

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
I use Eucalytus oil spray in my downhill body armour. not only does it get rid of the body stench but clears your sinsus' as well :) I am sure some form of eucalytus oil spray must be available over there & it is not like fragrance cover ups that makes smell like lavender even after you shower 15 times & eventually you wonder which is actually the greater evil :laughing:

http://www.chemistdirect.com.au/bosisto-s-eucalyptus-spray-200g

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
I just wash mine by hand in warm soapy water (pure soap such as Lux flakes) and then hang them to dry in a cool place and out of direct sunlight. It takes a while, days, so make sure you don't need them in a hurry.

the leather care supplied by dainese and other manufacturers is to preserve the leather and ensure it doesn't dry out and has nothing to do with keeping them clean.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Belloq,

Takk skall do har!

Thanks for the link, but that thread is about cleaning the outside of leathers; I'm trying to figure out a way to get the stench of human sweat out of the inside of my leathers. Di lukte vundt!

Ha det bra,

Elton
Ahh sorry m8 i thought the link also meantiond the inside of the leather, well my mistake. Good Norwegian by the way:yo:

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
Best thing would be if You can take the liner out and put it in a laundry machine. If you can't get the liner out than you should look into the removabilty with your next purchase. Another option would be to take the protectors out and turn your suit inside out. This would leave You the possibilty to wash and let it dry.
I did read also that You can trough the complete leathers (Protectors removed) into a laundry. Once completly dried You should feed the leather with leather conditioner,... I never was so far to try this. So don't ask for my experience.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts