MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Came off my beloved 750s yesterday, got caught out by some loose gravel on a quickish left hander, lost the front got it gathered up again and had to run off straight ahead and over the embankment. The bike cartwheeled and ended up on top of me. It`s truly miraculous that I have no broken bones or lacerations ,substantial internal bruising and soft tissue damage (wear your leathers gang) even more astounding is the lack of damage to the bike.The seats are buggered and the taillight assembly is munched as it landed on it otherwise a couple of scratches . Will send some photos when I can lift my arms up to take some .The bike started straight up as if nothing had happened and I rode it home(hour away) and my flower called me an ambo cause I couldn`t move unassisted and breathing was a new experience in pain. These bikes must be the toughest ever created.
We are truly blessed in this country to have the medical support that we do and I cant say enough to thank the people involved,my hat is off to all of them.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Dam man, thats a real shame but glad to hear you are sort of ok and will live to fight another day. Perhaps some mods for the bike are now in order??

James

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Sorry Cus, but glad to hear you're not worse.

Yep, these bikes are pretty tough, I was amazed at how well mine held up after chucking it down the road.:f4:

·
Super Moderator
7,346 Posts
Tasmanians are made of tough stuff. Not many people would throw themselves under their bike to avoid damaging it.

Mend well, brother.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Maaaate! What a stunt to finish off the year! Glad you're ok though. Those bikes are tough indeed, but what about you, cushioning the impact with your body? Get well quick.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
sorry to hear that hope your ok

·
Registered
106 Posts
cus - I have a couple bits I kept off of my old '06 910S: stock red tail lamp, stock orange turn signal lenses, corbin seat. I will donate these to the refurbishment of your machine if you need them, not sure how long to get them from western US to Tasmania, maybe long enough that you are recovered by then? palerider

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
cus - I have a couple bits I kept off of my old '06 910S: stock red tail lamp, stock orange turn signal lenses, corbin seat. I will donate these to the refurbishment of your machine if you need them, not sure how long to get them from western US to Tasmania, maybe long enough that you are recovered by then? palerider
Thanks Mate, PM sent.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Tasmanians are made of tough stuff. Not many people would throw themselves under their bike to avoid damaging it.

Mend well, brother.
I`m a tightarse mate, anything to save a dollar.
Thanks for the kind wishes from all.

·
Vendor
5,489 Posts
Cus,not good news mate,glad you are OK,the roads we ride on up here gravel on corners is the norm.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Quality post mate just goes to show the generosity of the people on this forum. Hope you get fixed up soon and listen to what the doc says even if it hard .

·
Registered
304 Posts
I`m a tightarse mate, anything to save a dollar.
Thanks for the kind wishes from all.
Happy that you kept your sense of humor!

Shitty what happened, but great that you didnt brake anything. And tumbs up for donating the parts palerider!

You can really notice that this forum is totally different than the other non-personal forums where nobody cares about anybody else than himself and his own bike :(

·
Super Moderator
22,875 Posts
Damn, Cus...heal well!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts