MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From what I hear, I'm not the only guy who slips off these funky Brutale footpegs. For a new rider, this can be disconcerting. So, here's a quick drawing of something that I want for Christmas (...or 4th of July, whichever comes first).

Ok. Back to reality. Who can list ALL of the links to decent aftermarket footpegs? Alvin? Adrin? Admin?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Tony. Those are the ones my friend has and he says they're just fine. Acceptable UK price too. Henry

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
Any aftermarket rearset (Sato, Rizoma, Gilles, etc.) will also have excellent pegs.

Note however that some (just) pegs will not fit 2004 or later MV's.

--
What program did you use for the sketch? It's pretty good.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Solidworks. I'm not that good at it, obviously. Tried to get work in the CAD world about 8 years ago. Almost had a deal with Applied Racing:

This simple deal was designed to be programable (using Excel) for any brand of Motocross bike. Simply enter a few numbers, offset, fork diameter and out pops this years YZ250 Triple Clamp!

Fazer, google my dad, Henry Hester, AIA.

http://www.modernsandiego.com/HenryHester.html

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
HHester said:
Solidworks. I'm not that good at it, obviously. Tried to get work in the CAD world about 8 years ago. Almost had a deal with Applied Racing:

This simple deal was designed to be programable (using Excel) for any brand of Motocross bike. Simply enter a few numbers, offset, fork diameter and out pops this years YZ250 Triple Clamp!

Fazer, google my dad, Henry Hester, AIA.

http://www.modernsandiego.com/HenryHester.html
Cool, I was guessing either Rhino or SW.

Did you give up on pursuing the architectural or industrial design fields?

When I was starting on CAD I designed some mountian bike frames, but that was back when 3D was very limited and rudimentary, and we still did orthographic projections.

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
eMoto UK said:
You are right, however we have had new attachments machined for the pegs to fit the 2004 + models.
Good to know. Do you make a non-folding peg that fits the original sets?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
fazer6 said:
Did you give up on pursuing the architectural or industrial design fields?
Yes. Gave up after about 3 hard years schooling and looking. I don't have an ME degree. Also, there were plenty of talented young guys willing to do CAD work for $30K, right out of college. Now, after 20 years in the surf, skate, snow world, I'm the General Manager at Niterider Divelights. All of the NR Bike and Dive lights are designed in SW.

Hey, I like your Brutale... BTW, I've got one just like it. And... I came within inches of buying a brand new 05' FZ1 instead. God bless eBay's "Buy Now" button.

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
HHester said:
Yes. Gave up after about 3 hard years schooling and looking. I don't have an ME degree. Also, there were plenty of talented young guys willing to do CAD work for $30K, right out of college. Now, after 20 years in the surf, skate, snow world, I'm the General Manager at Niterider Divelights. All of the NR Bike and Dive lights are designed in SW.

Hey, I like your Brutale... BTW, I've got one just like it. And... I came within inches of buying a brand new 05' FZ1 instead. God bless eBay's "Buy Now" button.
Yeah, it took me years before I landed a drafting job, 'cause college grads were always willing to work for the same pittance I was, with just a high school education. What finally paid off was 10 years working constuction.

I also got my MV on a fluke. I always loved them, but considered them out of my range as yet, but I found a new '04 and was able to bargain a fantastic deal.

NR's are great lights; I have 2 sets, one on my mtb and one for commuting on my road bike. I want to get another to try my hand at 24hr racing.

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
HHester said:
EMoto, thanks, I'll be in contact in a week or so. What is the advantage in "non-folding".
Crash protection mainly, plus you can use them to lift or support the bike in order to service the rear shock (ie with pitbul's bike support stands).

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
fazer6 said:
Crash protection mainly, plus you can use them to lift or support the bike in order to service the rear shock (ie with pitbul's bike support stands).
That's a good point, I had never thought of the foot pegs for crash protection before (probably because my folding ones wouldn't help).

When leaving over though, don't the pegs hit first? is it bad if they don't fold when that happens (mind you, I am a long way from getting pegs down, but just curious in case i sort that out.... :stickpoke )

1 - 16 of 16 Posts