MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there guys - have been meaning to ask this question (especially now that it's winter down here in NZ)

Does anyone else have 'slippery' pegs, especially when its wet?

I'm finding both my Sidi's and my TCX boots struggle to maintain a nice grippy feel of the pegs, in fact at my last track day (wet) I had to shift my foot forward to make sure I had some purchase when pushing on the outside peg - definitely a P.I.T.A

The pegs almost feel like they need filed/sharpened/teethed :blah:

What was your solution? (BrutaleS)

Thanks in advance team.
Cheers

·
Registered
324 Posts
yes that's something I noticed on the '10 I bought- peg grip is not good. I'm thinking aftermarket machined pegs or replacement rearsets but haven't gotten to it yet.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I had the same issue. I ended up getting the Fast By Ferracci rear sets through eBay. Cost wasnt too bad at just around $240. It came in natural aluminum finish. I plan on anodizing them black.

Functionally, they are better. Much grippier.

Mike

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
How is the tread looking on your boots?

My alpinestars boots are well worn and slip much more than my Puma's with new tread.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I have the same problem with my pegs. Have been thinking about after market rear sets or pegs, or try to find some pegs from a 1000 Senna.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I replaced my pegs with some longer aftermarket ones, much better. When I remember the name of them, I'll post it.

Dave.

Edit: They where Oberon pegs.

·
Premium Member
2,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys
Boot age - Sidi's have a few Km's on them...but not too bad, the Tcx's are reasonable new (less than 4 months)

Has anyone had their current ones machined?

·
Registered
337 Posts
Thanks guys
Boot age - Sidi's have a few Km's on them...but not too bad, the Tcx's are reasonable new (less than 4 months)

Has anyone had their current ones machined?
If I recall correctly, I think one of the board members here did tweak the stock pegs by filing it and adding some grooves. It didn't look halfway bad and he reported it that it worked much better. Here is the link I think:

http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=30531

Mike

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Thanks Mike, I just wanted to search the thread I posted some time ago and than saw you already find it.

This thing does it for me, I don't have problems any more. After some time, these square pieces get little brushed and worn off, sharp edges get a little rounder and it looks pretty 'like stock' now.

·
Registered
325 Posts
my remedy to this problem is to sand blast the "ball" on the end of the peg with a heavy grit garnet works a treat (leaves like a medium sand paper type finish)& when it starts to smooth out i just re do it again.

·
Administrator
20,398 Posts
I found the stock pegs to be very slippery, too. I replaced just the pegs with aftermarket parts that are much grippier.....don't flame me, they came from eMoto (before they turned completely crooked).

I have since discovered that pegs for Ducati will also work, and there are lot's of options available from the aftermarket.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I find the stock pegs to not only be slippery, but they're too short also. The combination of the short, slippery peg and the limited space due to the exhaust caused my right foot to constantly slip off the peg when hanging off in left turns. Not only was this condition frustrating- it was dangerous.

I solved the issue by replacing the OEM foot pegs with a set of LSL foot pegs and fold-up brackets from spieglerusa.com. The LSL foot pegs are longer (standard version) and have much better grip than the OEM pegs. Although Spiegler does not list a fitment for MV Agusta, the Ducati (115-D04) fold-up brackets fit my '06 910S perfectly. I no longer have any issues with my foot pegs.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I find its just my right foot that keeps sliding forward, it is a bit annoying, but I did not notice this much before, so maybe I have worn the peg slightly smoother???

·
Registered
417 Posts
I find its just my right foot that keeps sliding forward, it is a bit annoying, but I did not notice this much before, so maybe I have worn the peg slightly smoother???
I too have noticed its my right foot,i ditched the oem ones,got the emoto pegs and they were no better,recently got some rear sets from evolution,mutch better grip,100% better,but still my right foot has come off the peg,i think its the exhaust...keeps your right calf further out and now and again your foot not on the peg fully.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I find the stock pegs to not only be slippery, but they're too short also. The combination of the short, slippery peg and the limited space due to the exhaust caused my right foot to constantly slip off the peg when hanging off in left turns. Not only was this condition frustrating- it was dangerous.

I solved the issue by replacing the OEM foot pegs with a set of LSL foot pegs and fold-up brackets from spieglerusa.com. The LSL foot pegs are longer (standard version) and have much better grip than the OEM pegs. Although Spiegler does not list a fitment for MV Agusta, the Ducati (115-D04) fold-up brackets fit my '06 910S perfectly. I no longer have any issues with my foot pegs.

Funny you are the only person i've seen that mentions the short rhs peg scenario, i had the brute for a day before i machined up some spacers to move the peg outwards about an inch, Muuuuuch better!:smoking:

·
Premium Member
2,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks Mike / Miha- that's the sort of thing I was looking for - I'll try that first before heading down the after-market route !!

Cheers

·
Premium Member
2,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks Joe - yep, looks like the Oberon's are the way to go for after market pegs....but I'll do some carving work on mine first :)

Thanks again

·
Registered
150 Posts
I had those on my project bike, they are very small, I went to a set of Valtermoto rearsets, nothing worse than too small footpegs

·
Premium Member
2,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Got stuck into the pegs with the mini router over the weekend and this morning the weather kindly enabled me to test them out !! - Wet, wet, wet wet !! :(

I'll post some pic's in the next 24hrs - but worked a treat

1 - 20 of 21 Posts