MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the London and Oxford areas this week and next, and am wondering where to find the big motorcycle shops. I'd love to do some perusing of the local accessories market...Roof Helmets, Rev'It gear (especially their new one piece suit) and other bits we can't get easily in the States.

Is there a great big "IT" place for that sort of thing? I'll have a car and some time, so if it's not near London I can probably still make it there.

TIA,

-Hunter

·
Registered
123 Posts
Start by buying a copy of the weekly Motorcycle News - it's a bit of a grubby/paranoid/sensationalist rag (so I don't buy it!), but the adverts should give you some pointers, i.e. full page colour = major shop!

PS: With the current exchange rate I think you'll find the prices over here pretty scarey.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks,

I just want to window shop, so I'll stop at a newsstand and pick up a few rags but won't plan on buying any gear.

·
Registered
108 Posts
There is a big outfit at Abingdon just south of Oxford, a very big place 'on yer bike' between Aylesbury and Bicester just North and if you are in the area 'Forza Italia' at Silverstone track 20 miles north of Oxford (on the A43) who do everything Italian. THe have MVs Guzzis apprilias cagivas and Ducati. Small shop but full of bikes. On yer bike has hundreds of bikes and a clothing/accessory part but useless for aftersales (just a personal gripe) and I haven't been to Abingdon for some time so do not know what they have at the moment.

Sorry I do not know London. Hope it helps.

John

1 - 4 of 4 Posts