MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just replaced my speed sensor, but when I pulled off the sprocket cover the push rod was so locked into it it accidentally came out a bit with the cover. I'd say it came out about 4-5cm.

I tapped it back and the bike seems to shift and clutch perfectly, but I wanted to ask if there is something I should absolutely check now

·
Registered
819 Posts
Nope, you're good. The rod is only there to act as an actuator to release the clutch pressure plate on the opposite side of the motor. The rods aren't actually attached to anything. As long as you didn't pinch/tear a gasket it'll be fine. And if you did, it'll show you fairly shortly.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool, happy to hear that.
There was some oil behind the slave as well, though fluid in the reservoir is not low..

·
Registered
9,963 Posts
Cool, happy to hear that.
There was some oil behind the slave as well, though fluid in the reservoir is not low..

Mine was same...I got an Oberon...much better seal....ask for Forum opinions on the Oberon and I am sure you will find them positive.

Joe

·
Premium Member
5,643 Posts
Mine was same...I got an Oberon...much better seal....ask for Forum opinions on the Oberon and I am sure you will find them positive.

Joe
I just installed one. Noticed that with the original one the seal was indeed gone. With the Oberon the clutch is working nicely!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Nope, you're good. The rod is only there to act as an actuator to release the clutch pressure plate on the opposite side of the motor. The rods aren't actually attached to anything. As long as you didn't pinch/tear a gasket it'll be fine. And if you did, it'll show you fairly shortly.
That´s exactlly what happened to me! I pinched the gasket! and I cant find the microfiche on the startwin web site... does anyone, by any chance know the part number for the gasket??

·
Registered
14,741 Posts
What gasket are you all talking about, that push rod does not go through any gaskets ?
Donsy, he means seals, most technical stuff is not translated correctly :wtf::wtf::wtf:

·
Super Moderator
22,073 Posts
Ah, I was hoping I was wrong when I read that. Anyway, to change that seal you have to pull the gearbox.

You can download the part number list's from my website.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
22,073 Posts
HIa guys. I was trying to find the slave cilinder microfiche on the StarTwin web site. It would be the one for the F4 1078 312RR bike.
is it there? can anyone find it? I need to order the seal / o-ring that goes in it.
That´s exactlly what happened to me! I pinched the gasket! and I cant find the microfiche on the startwin web site... does anyone, by any chance know the part number for the gasket??
Nicholas, you have to decide now which seal it is that you're looking for, either the clutch push rod seal or a clutch slave cylinder seal kit ?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts