MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Alvin was kind enough to set up a photo Album for me... thanks! Take a look...

http://gallery.mvagusta.net/khfx/slashcutexhausts/

It was fairly straight forward installing the stuff, mid-pipe, slip-ons and ecu.. only a couple of minor issue.. just 2 trips to the Auto Parts Store were needed...!

Also put a dark tint screen on the bike... not sure if I like it yet. Any opinions?? (..most redundant question of all time...!)

Before anyone gives me shit,- the tires are BRAND NEW.... 40 miles at most... SCIII Pirelli Super Whatsits, which just replaced another set of the same.. I reinstalled the Carbon Heel Protector Upside Down... and one other thing I can't remember...!

These pipes are Snarling Loud.. when I fired it up for the first time, it was.. "..OH MY GOD.."! I've never liked loud bikes, but I think that might change... I rode it about 6 miles in the rain just to check it out... really, really cool... I have to say!

It's idleing too high right now... 1.9k rpm... not sure how to adjust it... Any suggestions? I intend to call ProItalia in the morning....

Must say I like it! Again, gotta say thanks to eMoto... credit where it's due...

Kevin

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
wow, nice looking bike! well done!

·
Registered
689 Posts
It's idleing too high right now... 1.9k rpm... not sure how to adjust it... Any suggestions? I intend to call ProItalia in the morning....
Tell them you need the TPS reset and that's all. That'll fix it.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Alvin was kind enough to set up a photo Album for me... thanks! Take a look...

http://gallery.mvagusta.net/khfx/slashcutexhausts/

It was fairly straight forward installing the stuff, mid-pipe, slip-ons and ecu.. only a couple of minor issue.. just 2 trips to the Auto Parts Store were needed...!

Also put a dark tint screen on the bike... not sure if I like it yet. Any opinions?? (..most redundant question of all time...!)

Before anyone gives me shit,- the tires are BRAND NEW.... 40 miles at most... SCIII Pirelli Super Whatsits, which just replaced another set of the same.. I reinstalled the Carbon Heel Protector Upside Down... and one other thing I can't remember...!

These pipes are Snarling Loud.. when I fired it up for the first time, it was.. "..OH MY GOD.."! I've never liked loud bikes, but I think that might change... I rode it about 6 miles in the rain just to check it out... really, really cool... I have to say!

Must say I like it! Again, gotta say thanks to eMoto... credit where it's due...

Kevin
Do they sound better than the Moto Corse Evoluzione?

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Sorry for the delay in answering questions, unimportant stuff got in the way....!

So I got to Pro Italia today and as always they accommodated me. To recap, the bike was idling at
1900k RPM after installing the ECU and pipes. Lizzardo was correct in saying the TPS needed to be reset,- this was done and a few other tweaks were made... it was running really rich at idle, which was a TPS mis-information factor, but overall it was actually running lean... tweaks were made..! Please note that since the install, I've only ridden the bike 6 miles in the rain on Sunday and 20 miles on the freeway today.... 10 miles after the adjustments,- so early days.. (incidentally, tried an 848 Ducati as a test ride while waiting at PI,- nice but no MV!!)...,- those ten freeway mile were JUST precious... all this stuff, has just lit up the bike... can't say for definite, but I 'think' the 5k flatspot is GONE!!... which is the only point of this effort.

BUT,- bonus stuff.....

The sound is incredible....! I'm not sure if the correct technical expression to describe revving off idle is 'Growl' or 'Snarl'... will Google(!), but it's 'nasty...'! After the TPS/Fuel adjustments the idle dropped to an 1200-1400k off-beat pulsing idle that is just pure wicked... in the 'old-fashioned' meaning of the word 'wicked'.... seriously! Full on hard-core, old-fashioned race bike,- lumpy idle... I friggin' love it! THIS alone, is worth the price of admission... imo! To answer Ragatzi.. I've no idea what the MV Corse Evo pipes sound like....BUT, you will LOVE these...!

It's hard to tell how loud the bike is at higher revs, but I did run it to 12k in a 'higher' gear and it didn't seem 'too loud',- to the rider...! I'm sure those behind might have had a different opinion...

Riding the 848 just helped to reinforce my feeling of what an AMAZING bike is the MV..... The MV weighs 100lb's more, but steer's quicker.... has WAY more torque at low/mid revs than the Ducati... (I bounced off the rev lmiter on the Ducati, with NO feelng of speed and thought I'd just jumped out of gear...), I wouldn't swap my bike for anything other than the V4 Duke... but with the new pipes and ECU, I'm having second thoughts... My Senna is more beautiful...!

To answer tvass's question,- my bike has an Ohlins shock because,- First, it became available at an incredibly good price AND I love Ohlins suspension... Incredible wheel control with really great compliance... my Yamaha R1 has Ohlins... and I worked in car racing for a while... I believe Ohlins has the 'internal shock friction' handled better than any other manufacturer... AND adjustments on an Ohlins are incredibly linear.... by this I mean, a couple of clicks up or down are really distinguishable.. imo on other shocks it might take 10 clicks to be 'definable'...

SO.... AND.... in closing... I'm glad! I spent my few ME bucks on incredibly good stuff! OFFICIALLY, I'm a Happy Camper...

Kevin

·
Registered
393 Posts
Sorry for the delay in answering questions, unimportant stuff got in the way....!

So I got to Pro Italia today and as always they accommodated me. To recap, the bike was idling at
1900k RPM after installing the ECU and pipes. Lizzardo was correct in saying the TPS needed to be reset,- this was done and a few other tweaks were made... it was running really rich at idle, which was a TPS mis-information factor, but overall it was actually running lean... tweaks were made..! Please note that since the install, I've only ridden the bike 6 miles in the rain on Sunday and 20 miles on the freeway today.... 10 miles after the adjustments,- so early days.. (incidentally, tried an 848 Ducati as a test ride while waiting at PI,- nice but no MV!!)...,- those ten freeway mile were JUST precious... all this stuff, has just lit up the bike... can't say for definite, but I 'think' the 5k flatspot is GONE!!... which is the only point of this effort.

BUT,- bonus stuff.....

The sound is incredible....! I'm not sure if the correct technical expression to describe revving off idle is 'Growl' or 'Snarl'... will Google(!), but it's 'nasty...'! After the TPS/Fuel adjustments the idle dropped to an 1200-1400k off-beat pulsing idle that is just pure wicked... in the 'old-fashioned' meaning of the word 'wicked'.... seriously! Full on hard-core, old-fashioned race bike,- lumpy idle... I friggin' love it! THIS alone, is worth the price of admission... imo! To answer Ragatzi.. I've no idea what the MV Corse Evo pipes sound like....BUT, you will LOVE these...!

It's hard to tell how loud the bike is at higher revs, but I did run it to 12k in a 'higher' gear and it didn't seem 'too loud',- to the rider...! I'm sure those behind might have had a different opinion...

Riding the 848 just helped to reinforce my feeling of what an AMAZING bike is the MV..... The MV weighs 100lb's more, but steer's quicker.... has WAY more torque at low/mid revs than the Ducati... (I bounced off the rev lmiter on the Ducati, with NO feelng of speed and thought I'd just jumped out of gear...), I wouldn't swap my bike for anything other than the V4 Duke... but with the new pipes and ECU, I'm having second thoughts... My Senna is more beautiful...!

To answer tvass's question,- my bike has an Ohlins shock because,- First, it became available at an incredibly good price AND I love Ohlins suspension... Incredible wheel control with really great compliance... my Yamaha R1 has Ohlins... and I worked in car racing for a while... I believe Ohlins has the 'internal shock friction' handled better than any other manufacturer... AND adjustments on an Ohlins are incredibly linear.... by this I mean, a couple of clicks up or down are really distinguishable.. imo on other shocks it might take 10 clicks to be 'definable'...

SO.... AND.... in closing... I'm glad! I spent my few ME bucks on incredibly good stuff! OFFICIALLY, I'm a Happy Camper...

Kevin
Congratulations, I am happy for you and thanks for the answer. I also have Ohlins rear shock and i love it. Ride on. :mouthwate

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I rode my bike some more and the 5k flatspot appears to be completely gone! The Race ECU is the way to go to clean up the bottom end of the powerband. The bike is transformed,- I was able to hold a tight line thru a fast 270deg hairpin with a constant throttle with no surging or tweaking of the throttle... absolutely fantastic stuff... The bike sounds great and seems to have picked up alot of power throughout the powerband. This was never the objective, but it's a nice bonus! This thing has way more power than I'll ever need... Great!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Kevin it was good seeing U today over at PI. Thanks for letting me check out the bike it sounds great.

Cheers,

Julius

1 - 20 of 22 Posts