1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
Nice idea ! OK for me.

·
Registered
583 Posts
i just got offthere web page. sounds cool but i dont really talk to anyone in other countries and i can talk free to anyone in the states with my cell. so what does it do for people like me? could we use it to chat here?

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
jcctx said:
and i can talk free to anyone in the states with my cell.
I assume you mean you don't get charged extra for long distance domestic calls... but you do still have to pay for a monthly bill right?

With Skype you can talk to others for free, anywhere anytime as long as they are setup with Skype also, besides, you can actually see them if you both have video cam.

·
Registered
583 Posts
sounds like i am going to down load it and see if i can get my friends to do the same. might work good for when i go to japan this winter.

·
Registered
8,860 Posts
Okay, look for the skype icon next to the other contact methods. You can fill out the field in the forum User CP in the profile area

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
I'm only just getting used to broadband, computers and these keyboard thingys. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Ok , I'll set-up the acct

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Ha Ha its an internet free phone type thing. :hitit: I only know that cos Alvin, Alex and Ben told me. :tongue:

·
Registered
419 Posts
Its basically the most international focused IM program that is also available on more operating systems then most other IM programs. You can also establish voice conversations between users or even land line telephones if you wanted. The voice calls to other skype users is free and the voice quality is as good as it gets for Voice over IP (Internet). They are incorporating many features faster than other IM programmers and I believe they do or they shortly will include video conferencing too.

·
King of the Sink
1,571 Posts
And sventekoz for me! :)

Just signed up...

1 - 20 of 35 Posts