MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdcWd594lRw

How about the Skully AR-1 helmet.
Just saw it and thought thats about time something like this got invented.
Sure I could skip on the smartphone function, but with occasional navigation support I would be happy.
And imagine You could remove useless rear mirrors for a real racing look.
So who pre ordered his sample ?

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Thats awesome. About time. But who wants to talkonthe phone when there riding? Im trying to escape my phone it rings too much lol

·
Registered
639 Posts

Before you guys are starting to get very enthusiastic,
Check the pricing....:jsm::jsm::jsm:

·
Registered
357 Posts
There's a full pista (standards) new 2014 HJC Lorenzo and 2014 shoei Marquez ant in the trailer now too!

·
Premium Member
5,643 Posts
The price is quite reasonable as you get a helmet, navigation and a rear view camera...

·
Registered
654 Posts
Not sure about the shape. Looks to me that it may grab a bit if you're tumbling down the road. Steep price as well.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
I applied to be a beta tester (you can see how that went). This thing has had so much press it's unreal. I like the idea, but at the same time, that's just more distractions when riding. I can already see riders going down or getting hit because they were paying more attention to the GPS or talking to someone on the phone. I want to hear some real-world reviews before I lay down the coin.

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I applied to be a beta tester (you can see how that went). This thing has had so much press it's unreal. I like the idea, but at the same time, that's just more distractions when riding. I can already see riders going down or getting hit because they were paying more attention to the GPS or talking to someone on the phone. I want to hear some real-world reviews before I lay down the coin.
Well, You have phone and music bluetooth audio, even GPS, in helmets.
And this since years.
So how much time Your eyes are off the road if You try to look behind You in F4 or Brutale mirrors.
Not to mention how long does it take to read info's on a TomTom Rider which is mounted to Your handle bars.
So it would be just a quick look down and You can see even trough.
Otherwise You look trough the upper half of Your visor and don't see it at all.
I think that is an awesome idea and well made.
Sure the lid doesn't look spectacular but the technology is.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts