MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here I am in the UK, down south (near Brighton sort of). Visiting the wife's family for Christmas.

Was walking around a village yesterday with my MV hat on and a guy in a van yelled out the window "EMMM VEEEEE!!!!" at me. That would never happen in Tucson!

Going to try to meet up with Senna 026 at some point here and have a few beers.

Weather is pretty nice. Especially today. It's slightly colder than it has been, but sheesh, I'm looking out the window and I can't see a cloud! Is this really the UK? Wow, nice! Lotsa bikes running around. I'm going to try to get to a few bike shops to see the new 1098 if there are actually any there, and also some MVs.

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Enjoy you're trip over Andy. I'm working over the Christmas period :bawling: but have a great time and don't get too sun burned!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey John, yeah, I would be working too if not for this trip. I haven't taken any time off at Christmas since I was in school, so this is kinda new for me. Hope you at least get to have a little fun though.

Hope it's nice up there too! Never been to Yorkshire, but I want to go at some point. Don't think it's going to happen on this trip.

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
acruhl said:
Was walking around a village yesterday with my MV hat on and a guy in a van yelled out the window "EMMM VEEEEE!!!!" at me. That would never happen in Tucson!

wow
that is very cool
and that wouldn't happen anywhere near where i live, either

i hope that meeting with Senna 026 works out
if so...
take some pictures

if not, take some pictures to show us anyway

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Will do Greg. I'm hoping to meet people over here, doesn't matter who they are. I'm kinda limited in that I have a wife which is more keen on shopping than sitting at a pub and meeting with people, but we'll see how it goes. She let me meet macmivvi last time and that was really nice.

If anyone else is in this area (south, Sussex), might be nice to try to meet up!

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts
acruhl said:
Will do Greg. I'm hoping to meet people over here, doesn't matter who they are. I'm kinda limited in that I have a wife which is more keen on shopping than sitting at a pub and meeting with people, but we'll see how it goes. She let me meet macmivvi last time and that was really nice.

If anyone else is in this area (south, Sussex), might be nice to try to meet up!
the question is:

how much "DAMAGE" will she do IF you let her go shopping alone? :)

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
459 Posts
acruhl said:
Take care there Andy, Ralph uses the beers to wash down the Gin. :smoking:

Enjoy your trip, I also feel the exchange rate pain , shopping? :nutkick:

Sun's out up here and I just installed a new carbon swingarm on my bike, ah the good life!

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Heh, I'll be using the beers to wash down the single malts! Saw a nice Caol Ila 18 in Waitrose yesterday but didn't get it yet. I've been waiting to get some of that stuff for years now. Only have the 12 at the moment.

Carbon swingarm? Pics? For the MV? Never seen one!

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
acruhl said:
Hope it's nice up there too! Never been to Yorkshire, but I want to go at some point. Don't think it's going to happen on this trip.

You would be very welcome Andy, as would all forum members who don't live here already of course. :)

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nah, Kelly's parents' house. I bought a wifi adapter for their computer and I've got an ad-hoc network set up. I brought my laptop just so I could torment the guys at work a little.

I'll get some pics here soon. We're planning on doing some little trips here and there.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Andy - let's try and sort something out for Saturday afternoon or evening; I guess you'll still be in Brighton?

I assume Kelly has full rights on your charge cards (I'm not married myself, but I believe that's how these things work!), so she can do the last-minute shopping while we chew the MV fat for a couple of hours.

026 is already in it's winter lair but I've not started stripping it down yet so, if the weather's bearable (i.e. dry and 10C/50F-plus), then I can bring it down for a drool; otherwise I'll use the cage.

You've got my numbers, or msg here.

(PS: Nice one, macmivvi! Bringing it to Cadwell next year?)

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Senna 026 said:
Andy - let's try and sort something out for Saturday afternoon or evening; I guess you'll still be in Brighton?

I assume Kelly has full rights on your charge cards (I'm not married myself, but I believe that's how these things work!), so she can do the last-minute shopping while we chew the MV fat for a couple of hours.

026 is already in it's winter lair but I've not started stripping it down yet so, if the weather's bearable (i.e. dry and 10C/50F-plus), then I can bring it down for a drool; otherwise I'll use the cage.

You've got my numbers, or msg here.

(PS: Nice one, macmivvi! Bringing it to Cadwell next year?)
Sounds good so far. I was going to give you a call tonight but I'll negotiate for Saturday and see how it goes. I may even be able to get a guy I race with from Tucson to meet up too, my friend Dean. He's originally from Swindon. He's a riot. ZX-10R rider/racer. He'll be visiting his family near Swindon. We'll see.

No worries about the bike! Today was no weather for riding, that's for sure!

As for credit cards... The wife is pretty good about that, she doesn't go out and go nuts which is nice. But you never know, I'm probably due for punishment for something I don't even know I did... Heh.

This is Dean and I:

·
Registered
123 Posts
OK, I'll keep Saturday free - just call me (at work is best) and give me a time and place when you know more.

Forecast is cold & fog for the rest of the week, so it's probably gonna be the Nissan!

Must dash - squash game in 30 minutes.................

·
Registered
123 Posts
Cringe! Just as well most won't get it - we have a reputation for humour to uphold!

PS: This meet-up looks like it's really going to happen, but can you believe that macmivvi's got rideable weather while we'll probably be peering out through a beer/smoke haze at the fog-engulfed frosty south coast of England!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts