·
Registered
5,590 Posts
And if those are DB killers then they are BIG :D

Does it not make enough noise??

·
Registered
390 Posts
The Baffles on the Silmoto are not removable.
people get these exhausts mixed up with the AlkaDesign systems which come with various baffle options
i got 3 of each of these Baffles supplied with my system.The top curved one brings the noise level down to the legal 98DB level and the Straight through ones louder.
I run m ine with no middle baffle inserted and the straight ones in top and bottom can.i also run without the exhaust valve so it sounds even nicer.

253.JPG

258.JPG

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok after i install exhaust, another question come up, how far need to be from tire?
1. Install was so close and whit heat guard, I wasn't satisfied how it looks so I do it again, and i remove heat guard, and it is much better now, you guys can see it on photos, but I'm still not 100% sure how far need to be from tire !?

1st two photos are 1. Time install
The one(3rd) whit my hand is after I remove heat guard...

Any help or suggestions!?

Attachments

·
Registered
390 Posts
Mine was not as close when i first installed mine and rode around for about 3,000 miles before i fit some Lightech rear sets which made a bigger clearance gap and also secured the whole exhaust better.

14 12 16 1115.JPG

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have the same exhaust fitted to my Brutale.

First of all you definitely don't have any db killers :) mine came with them but I removed all 3. Without db killers is really loud like 112-114 decibels so I ride with earplugs each time.

Secondly, it is not easy to mount it and you need to quite heavily press and bend it to fit in well so it's perfectly to have a colleague.

and finally, the three pipes and the bottom elbow pipe go quite close to the rear tire but I don't think that so close as on the photo no 1 and 2. If you want I can see the gap tomorrow and make some pics.

Best,
Mersault

1 - 9 of 9 Posts