MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help. :wtf:

Can anyone tell me if a set of Silmoto cans off an F4 750 will fit and work correctly on an F4 1000? It's being offered with the eprom, which I guess will not be correct for the larger capacity bike. Also I would be interested to read any comments regarding experience on your own machines with this type of exhaust.

Thanks

John

·
Registered
474 Posts
Sil Motor

Actually just received mine in the post yesterday. Claimed to fit to 1000 as well as the 750. You are right, the chip required is different. A 1000 chip was @ €120 extra.

Can't wait to hear the awesome tunes they are alleged to play :toothless

Been a few sets on ebay. That where you are looking?

·
Living the Dream
2,760 Posts
I have them on my bike, and i love the way they sound. if you want to hear what they sound like to go the media section and i have given a few short video's of my bike being dynoed with the CF sil pipes on it. i have only heard the same sounds coming from a Duc, great pipes!! Enjoy the clips.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Hmmm. First clip srops out at 90 odd kB, but say should be 700 odd. Maybe it's just me.

No matter as the 3rd clip does it for me :love:
Thanks
Al

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
Odd. Have you tried clearing your temporary internet files and trying again? If so, i will have a look at it

·
Living the Dream
2,760 Posts
then i would say don't buy one :p . i can understand that people want to keep the stock look, i just like the way carbon fiber looks, especially on the sil's b/c it is unfinshed CF. you might not like the way they look, but damn to the sounds great!! you can't argue with a sound like that.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Sil Moto????

Ive been trying to order some CF sil moto can anyone direct me where to get a hold of them? Everyone says ebay, there never any mv exhausts for sale on ebay!!

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys. They do sound good even through my tinny pc speakers. :) Thanks for that Greeneggs&ham.

You are right Steptoe, there are a set currently advertised on UK ebay for about £400. But may change my order for a 1000 1 + 1 to a Senna which will have some fancy plumbing on the zorsts I presume.

·
Living the Dream
2,760 Posts
i hate to send you their way, but you can try Ferracci in PA, even though i don't recommend it, they might actually have a set.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Somehow they slid through without touching the sides :toothless . I expected to have to pay 10% GST (on Purchase + Freight). All up purchase & delivered by Air cost a touch under a grand. Pretty good value I reckon. Would've prefered the Arrows (RG3 etc.) but couldn't be had for the $

Cheers
Al

·
Registered
16 Posts
SilMoto Exhaust Mounting

Hi All,

I have purchased the SilMoto exhaust but I have HUGE problems to fit them to my bike a 750 F4 Evo 02.

Problem mainly is that right exhaust is easy to move from left to right where as the left exhaust is fixed and not easy to move from it's place. Also a major concern is that the heat shield is hitting to the exhaust :stickpoke

According to my supplier hangers and so on is OK mounted so this should be not the problem.

Does anyone has some suggestions, please let me know??

Bye,

C.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts