·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My silent block is worn out, again.. :(

there are two part No. available

30 8000B2151 CUSHION, REAR WHEEL HUB 1 • MY15/16 €1.35
30 80A0A3251 CUSHION, REAR WHEEL HUB 1 • MY17 €24.41

my TVL is a My16 model, question is can I use the My17 and it will last longer ???
The price difference is very high? why?

any experience on that??

would like do it by my self... what do I need on tools for that??
and where to get?

thanks for an answer :)

·
Registered
866 Posts
My silent block is worn out, again.. :(

there are two part No. available

30 8000B2151 CUSHION, REAR WHEEL HUB 1 • MY15/16 €1.35
30 80A0A3251 CUSHION, REAR WHEEL HUB 1 • MY17 €24.41

my TVL is a My16 model, question is can I use the My17 and it will last longer ???
The price difference is very high? why?

any experience on that??

would like do it by my self... what do I need on tools for that??
and where to get?

thanks for an answer :)

You have to use the MY15/16 model, unless you change all the associated parts (there was a bit of redesign with MY2017)…

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Yes, look at the parts diagram and list and you'll see what parts you'd need to upgrade to the MY17 spec. cush drive, €€€€! I just replaced mine for the third time and whilst at the dealers got them to supply another set that I'll install probably towards the end of the summer. Easy to replace once you have the 55mm nut off and at the price they are for our earlier bikes I just consider them a service item.

·
Registered
392 Posts
What are the symptoms or signs? I have 14,000 miles and haven't noticed anything with the rear hub.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
What are the symptoms or signs? I have 14,000 miles and haven't noticed anything with the rear hub.
Some radial back-lash between the outer flange and the sprocket carrier.Ideally there should be none. I allow a few mm but once it gets beyond that, nearer 5mm, then I swap them.

I don't really notice much in the way of feeling whilst I ride TBH but feel the back-lash should be kept to a minimum.

I do use the quick-shifter all the time and exploit engine braking more than the brakes. Added to which I don't usually do highway mileage but stick to the twisties, with more inherent hard acceleration/de-acceleration, whenever possible which likely has a more detrimental effect on the rubber blocks.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Yes, look at the parts diagram and list and you'll see what parts you'd need to upgrade to the MY17 spec. cush drive, €€€€! I just replaced mine for the third time and whilst at the dealers got them to supply another set that I'll install probably towards the end of the summer. Easy to replace once you have the 55mm nut off and at the price they are for our earlier bikes I just consider them a service item.
Looking at the parts diagram, the only parts that are different is the cush drives and flange. I would like do either change both or come up with something to get rid of what sounds like a lot of chain slack sound in the rear during take off. I know is not chain slack as I adjusted it or check adjustment monthly. I changed my cush drives about 3,000 miles ago and had no change on the sound,

1 - 7 of 7 Posts