MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anyone tell me if the post 2010 sidestands are all the same in length?
i have just paid£90 for a newer stand to fit to my 07 312r as some other members have done and i see no significant change to the angle the bike sits at - pissed off or what!!
this seems strange as i have seen pictures on here of other bikes that have done the mod and the bike sits a lot nearer to the vertical!!
also it was suggested that the stand would fit straight onto the older bike - which it dose to the bracket but the return springs are well short!! do i need the newer ones?
can anyone who has done this mod help out?
cheers colin

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Hi, which stand did you put on? I put one from an 11 on my 05 and the difference was dramatic. I had to use some of the 05 hardware as the 11 spring and bracket wouldn't clear. I've posted my findings on numerous threads already but let me know what you need.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Chay, do you happen to have the part number of the stand that you installed? For reference, the part number of the newer stand should be: 80A0B3583. Hope that helps!

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
I'm pretty sure all the MY10+ stands are the same length. I imagine the difference in lean angles you see will be down to individual ride height adjustments.

Si

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the part number is the same as brutista quoted so looks like all y10+ stands are the same - so do i need to fit the y10+ springs also? as my original springs are well short!! also i take the point on ride hieght making a difference on the way the bike sits - one other thing also comes into play and that is the sidestand brackets - i've looked at a few and some seem to have more meat on the stop part of the bracket than others which affects how far forward the stand goes forward.

·
Vendor
5,157 Posts
the part number is the same as brutista quoted so looks like all y10+ stands are the same - so do i need to fit the y10+ springs also? as my original springs are well short!! also i take the point on ride hieght making a difference on the way the bike sits - one other thing also comes into play and that is the sidestand brackets - i've looked at a few and some seem to have more meat on the stop part of the bracket than others which affects how far forward the stand goes forward.
You use the Y10 stand,and original hardware.:)

·
Vendor
5,157 Posts
No Noel,rear ride height is standard,checked with your beautifully made ride height tool.Unless it lies.:jsm:

·
Registered
14,210 Posts
?

No Noel,rear ride height is standard,checked with your beautifully made ride height tool.Unless it lies.:jsm:
Mitch;
I wouldn't trust that lying stainless POS if it had knee pads on:naughty:

i run a 180/55.....how big a rear are we talking about:)naughty:)

this doesn't involve a 200/60, 65 does it?

·
Vendor
5,157 Posts
Noel,my rear tyre is the standard size 190/55.When I bought the bike new I did not like the angle on the stand.When parked I was always looking for a pebble to put under the stand.Then I stole Lee's mod and extended my stand around 20mm.Then I bought your wonderful tool and checked the ride height and it was good.Then the Moto Corse stand became available,20mm longer than standard and very well made,so thats whats on my bike now and no longer worry if the bike is going to topple over when parked.:)

·
Registered
14,210 Posts
stand?

Mitch;
maybe we have the Aprilia problem here......

USA Aprilia stands and mounts are TOTALLY different than the rest of the world

we got long stable stands......the rest of the World got short ones:wtf:

the park on the left......we had truck's wind blast blow bikes over their stands:jsm:

:popcorn:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts