MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the springs for my side stand fell off.
when I tried to put them back on, I noticed the "pin" the springs hook to has snapped off at the end, where there is supposed to be a groove.

I attached a picture of my side stand (silver), and how it's supposed to look (black).

Am I stuck buying a whole new side stand assembly, or is there any other option?

Attachments

·
Registered
14,741 Posts
Bio....;

you're in deep shit......the stand only comes with the entire left side of the bike

:naughty::naughty:

:popcorn:

·
Registered
287 Posts
Are you sure the pin snapped off or is the metal link slotted like a keyhole to fit over the pin until the spring tension pulls it onto the smaller slot? Hard to tell from the pics.

Eric

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Can't see in the photo. But the slot is gone. I cut a new one closer in. Works for the time being. Until I can save up for a new f4 left side...

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
I believe I have the part. PM me your address and I'll grab it next time I'm at the storage bin and send it to you.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
If you were able to slot it so that it works, why not just debur it a bit, make it look clean and leave it as is. If it works it works, getting a new one to offset the piece 2mm for the same function seems a waste.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I know, my fix seems to be working fine. Just don't want it to be the reason I get stuck on the side of the road one day...

PM'd MV Arthur to see about the part. Thanks!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Surely it would be cheaper to take it to a sheet metal professional and ask them to fix it by welding on a tag that will hold the spring at the right place. and then if need be, like mine, you can powder coat it either to match or different colour

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Sorry for the delay. Is this what you need?

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts