MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 02 has the auto return sidestand. Do they all have this type? I hate it and I want it to stay down till I put it up... any help?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Yea I'm with you on that! I hate those spring-up kick stands. I can undestand their intentions on its design (so you basically never ride off with it down) but they can be so annoying, not to mention a real pain to use. I don't know how for sure, but I'm certain it can be modified so that the spring-up function is dissabled.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep, I hate the thing....anyone have tips or ideas? I'm going to get working on it!

·
Registered
301 Posts
Later 750 models had proper side stands.... my Ducati 916 had a "automatically retratcting sidestand".... I know Duc riders had a small modification that stopped the auto retraction. Check out the Duc boards... maybe the same thing will work on the early MV. Might be MUCH cheaper than buying a new sidestand from MV.

Doc

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
There is a kit available from MV Agusta, witch converts the "automatically retratcting sidestand" in a one, that does not return automaticaly (like the newer MV models).
It includes one modified plate and two springs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts