MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi - dose anyone know if the later sidestand(post2010) will fit the older(pre2010) bike also if it fits will it go straight on to my mounting plate?(the part that bolts to the sump)or is this part different also?
i have lengthened my stand but am still not happy with it and was thinking fitting a later stand will solve the problem.
if the above is not possible has anyone got a spare mounting plate for the pre 2010 bike that stops the 'rolling back' effect when the bike is put on the sidestand - i don't know why but there seems to be two types of mounting plates some allow the bike to 'roll back' and some just stay where they are when the bike is parked - was this just a quality control issue?

cheers colin

·
Vendor
5,156 Posts
Hi Colin,I believe the Y10 stands do fit the earlier models and they are longer.I did the same as you and extended my original stand,then I saw the Moto Corse stand advertised by GP Racing and purchased one,a bit expensive but fits perfect and is around 20mm longer,now the bike sits at a safer angle,very happy.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
when you say use the old version mounting bracket do you mean just buy the new stand and fit it to my barcket and spring?

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
I've done the swap (2011 onto my 2005 F4) and can confirm the above. New stand, old hardware. That includes the spring plate as the 2011 doesn't line up right.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Without a doubt. Here's a shot of the lean angle now.

Attachments

·
Registered
260 Posts
^ Where did you source yours? I've been hunting ebay for weeks no with no luck at all.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
my wife found it on ebay.

someone asked me a while back for a before after pic. here's my bike (left) next to another with the stock kickstand taken about an hour ago. very sorry for the terrible iphone pic.

Attachments

·
King of Bling
9,809 Posts

Guys..

I prefer the steeper angle of lean on the earlier bikes when parked up.

The post 2010 side stand fitted to the pre 09' F4 models reduces the angle of lean considerably.. This reduces the safety margin in the event of the bike getting accidently nudged by a passer by or another parked bike..

The problem with the early bikes leaning over excessively is the wear on the side stand mounting plate stop.. Even though the bike appears to be leaning over excessively, that is a safer option than it sitting too bolt upright..

Only my opinion..

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I agree, the indoor pic looks too vertical.
Here are some pics of a bad and good mounting plate.
I wouldn't say it is worn, I think they are just made like that.

What is the state of you plate arther ?
Maybe if yours is like the second pic then the new stand will be OK on a plate like the first pic...if you see what I mean

Cheers
Adam

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Attachments

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
I agree. 10 degrees less and it would be perfect for me. I park in and around the city, on varying slopes and sidewalks and if I park it on an opposite angled surface, the bike is almost perfectly vertical. A little bird can land on it and topple it. No, not really. I have my bike here at work but don't have a stand to put it on. I'll try and get a pic later on tonight.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
a bit of a head scratcher this one - as i appear to have a worn mounting plate think i will order a new stand and see what i end up with!

·
Registered
1,459 Posts

Guys..

I prefer the steeper angle of lean on the earlier bikes when parked up.

The post 2010 side stand fitted to the pre 09' F4 models reduces the angle of lean considerably.. This reduces the safety margin in the event of the bike getting accidently nudged by a passer by or another parked bike..

The problem with the early bikes leaning over excessively is the wear on the side stand mounting plate stop.. Even though the bike appears to be leaning over excessively, that is a safer option than it sitting too bolt upright..

Only my opinion..

John

My 2011 Brutale never seems to lean over far enough! . The camber at the side of the road can be a real problem sometimes.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts